1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Queens in Northern England is having a power outage right now. Not sure if good because its happening after Spring break and most students are leaving the dorms anyway, or bad because it is not happening during the school days..

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I'm yet to figure out how much snow they actually got, I have a feeling we got more this week and none gives a fuck.

3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Anyone know where I can find a powerful witch?

4. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

pm me

5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Tween run to Creatures of Comfort and pick up those bless ultra wide pleated panda pants and I'll private jet you my panda shirt that I got in today, and pair it with some green ripplecrocs

1 person likes this.
  6. sipang

sipang Senior member

powerful, Witch*

pm me, do not trust 4est

1 person likes this.
  7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I often dress louche, but find it sends too many running off to the dictionary to justify the expense.

8. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Decided to sell my gbrato jacket

Finally saw a picture of me wearing it zipped up. Fits horribly. Would be better on a differently shaped person :(

9. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

p4 stole my joke I was gonna use :(

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Nooooooooo

11. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

at the risk of sounding cliche, i'm beginning to find the emotional connection i develop with my clothes to be very interesting. for example, i have a pair of levis that aren't anything special (except they fit perfectly) that i'm considering sending off to get the crotch repaired. it'll certainly cost almost as much as the pants cost new to get them repaired, but for some reason it seems worth it. same with my old pair of n&f, which I've spent probably a total of $100 at this point getting repaired. or synth's super destroyed APCs. Most people would throw those out, but they really become a part of your wardrobe you don't want to see disappear.

2 people like this.
  12. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

sufu ronnel thread so good right now

3 people like this.
  13. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

cover as much of your body as possible using only two flannel shirts :embar:

14. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have 60... [​IMG] [​IMG] and counting...

15. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

I don't know how people take high end designer prices seriously when sales are often over 75% off... I guess only the super rich buy this stuff at full price...

Also, what are people's success rates buying items online from places like yoox? I return over 50% of the stuff I order, just today I had 5 out of 5 pieces from MyHabit not work out, sent them all back... but I've had a few great finds, a $2k coat for $360 and a really nice blazer/jacket kind of thing that was $600 for $75, and I really like both pieces. Those finds will keep me at it, but the stuff that doesn't work is disappointing...

16. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

1 person likes this.
  17. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

ftfy

2 people like this.
  18. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

19. jet

jet Senior member

So a couple of b&s or should i say bs experiences to share.

One guy wanted something, pms me and doesn't follow my payment instruction so I refund him so he can send the proper amount and he never sends it or pms back even though I know he's read my pms. I even said "hey motherfucker I know you've read my pms bitch". Ok I didn't quite articulate it that way but you get the gist.

Another character wanted my brand new unworn apcs which I had listed the waist size for. He asks if I can measure the inseam, no problem and he says perfect. Then he goes ok before I send the money can you measure the knee (wtf?) and the hem (understandable) but at this point you pretty much know what to expect. He also says he'll have the money in a day or two (ok) so a couple days goes by and he doesn't send the money as he stated. I don't pm him back to see if he'll keep his word (this point i'm doubtful) and he's waiting for these crucial measurements so I pm him after several days "hey do you still want these, if so I can measure" and his response was the measurements won't hurt. At this point I'm like wtf kind of response is that and my hunch that he was wasting my time for specs was accurate as after I sent them, no response. I follow up and he finally responds with oh too big. Right.

I know, cool story bros.

PS. someone buy my margiela leather and all my shoes

20. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Just put it all in your listing:

here are all the measurements you'll ever need
    no holds
    no trades
    no lowballs
    fuck you!
    first to pay gets the item

This will save you a lot of headaches.

That said, this week I had several tabs open and got mixed-up and offered to pay APK for a blazer in ties. :facepalm:

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.