1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

i hate that period of time in between when someone expresses interest in an item and commits to it.

"hey i'm interested is it still available"

"ya, can get you more info/pictures if you want, etc."

nothing...

i want my money. and shah's boots.

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

well you dont really button the bottom button either...

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

It's a lot worse when a buyer commits to a price and asks for PP and everything and then...nothing.

I've been guilty of this once or twice tho, sometimes when it gets down to the last phase you realize it's not actually something you want then feel bad to let them know. I'm trying to get better at being honest with my B&S PMs tho

1 person likes this.
  4. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

i know the first is Cartier but what's the second?

5. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

^ I thought this was recent purchases for a minute...

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

30k€ recent purchase then.

7. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

exactly i thought i went to MC by accident.

8. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

One of my more retarded goals in life is to own a Newson x JLC Atmos 566. :embar:

1 person likes this.
  10. 1969

1969 Senior member

the parade of sxsw continues it's death march past my house+office. Fashionwise it's interactive>film>music.

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I have more modest JLC goals: MUT moon phase. :nodding:

12. APK

APK Senior member

1 person likes this.
  13. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

My world is fine. No need to get upset/personal. You're wealthier and more privileged than me, so we probably have different worldviews on this kind of topic.

And I don't see how it's entitlement, just a preference. I didn't want to pay that price for shipping a single shirt, so I didn't. I don't see why you're trying so hard to argue against the consumer here. Do you run a business or something? And there is such a thing as free shipping. When I am not paying for shipping, it is free to me.

I didn't even say I wanted free shipping, just fair shipping.

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

[​IMG]

I guess this is the new Commes Des Fuck Down / Ain't Saint Laurent / whatever the hell else they've come up with

15. APK

APK Senior member

You say there's no need to get personal and immediately follow it up with a totally inaccurate statement as if it's fact, not just a possibility. Spoiler: I grew up in a single-parent, lower-middle class household. Money was usually tight.

As if there's a large segment of consumers who prefer to pay for shipping. I don't like paying for shipping, either, but understand that it's an expense that someone has to absorb. A lot of the vendors favored around here can't afford to offer free shipping unless it's for a larger order. They aren't GAP.

I'm not arguing against the consumer. I'm looking at it from a perspective other than just my own. Give it a shot sometime.

That's great, except what I said in the other thread was, "There is no such thing as free shipping. Someone is paying to get the parcel from Point A to Point B."

If I had said, "There is no such thing as free shipping, even when the guy who wanted to do a ToJ group buy doesn't have to pay for it," then maybe you'd be on to something.

My whole point in that thread was that people have become so accustomed to free shipping being inclusive with any purchase they make online that it's seemingly made a lot of them forget that someone still needs to absorb the expense of getting the package from one place to its destination. Businesses may get price breaks on shipping costs, but they're still paying something. I don't see how a vendor offering 30 percent off its items and then you complaining about the shipping costs is anything other than entitlement on your part. But YMMV.

As someone pointed out, that place, like many small businesses, charge a flat rate rather than based on what the item is. I'm sure this is a lot less of a headache for businesses, and the difference in cost to the consumer is marginal when you consider that these are not inexpensive goods we're talking about.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    4 people like this.
  16. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

17. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

everyday i'm doubleposting

18. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

19. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I personally think that free shipping and free returns are nearly always a good idea. Repeated studies have shown a much higher repeat customer rate when both are available, and easy. A prepaid return shipping label is key. That said, $14 for UPS shipping is nothing. If you were buying it in state, you would pay that much in taxes, and given the rates these days, I'd say that for most orders, retailers are eating a big chunk of the shipping.

Also, lol at this:
    You have real tough #Firstworldproblems

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.