• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For $145, McQ Alexander McQueen -- a diffusion line -- makes a 100% cotton graphic tee whose image is primarily on the front panel, yet it flows perfectly over the shoulder seams forming a contiguous whole:

For $680, Givenchy (mainline) makes a 100% cotton graphic tee whose design is exclusively on the shoulders, and it still doesn't come anywhere close to matching along the shoulder seams. :facepalm:

Guess which one is sold out in two sizes?

Humanity continues to disappoint me.

Some guy named Dallas Green

And I hear some guy named Barrack is your president.

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That McQ tee looks like some Affliction knockoff. like a crappy knockoff you would find only on a clearance rack at a TJ Maxx that was in a ****** town.

Plus the Givenchy one would look better if none of them lined up. like as is it looks half-assed, which I think is what your concern is. I think it's just the way the tee shirt is cut though. you'll see that there are no seams above the shoulder so they like cut along the armpit area and stitched it back together in the right place. which makes it cool again.

And I hear some guy named Barrack is your president.

I had to double-check on google to make sure his name wasn't "Dalas" Green since I thought that was the joke you were making :embar:

Although, working for a company based out of Montreal I've quickly learned that Canada takes their music exports very seriously. Sorry for not knowing who he was haha

edit: it's also possible (likely) that ssense bought less of the Givenchy tee, so if a few sold it's already out of stock, when they might have a bunch of the McQ ones. It's also XS and XL that are sold out, and they probably bought the least of those anyway.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
think I'm in one of those bored-with-everything phases. can't tell what I like and dislike anymore. i'm all :dozingoff: :crazy: :alien: :eh: good thing I had all those emoticons to express that

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

think I'm in one of those bored-with-everything phases. can't tell what I like and dislike anymore. i'm all :dozingoff: :crazy: :alien: :eh: good thing I had all those emoticons to express that

I like to think that everyone who posts in the [soon] thread feels this way :tinfoil: :freeze: :marchal:

Last edited:

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The birds of paridise tees look really great but no chance in hell would I pay those prices.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is why I'm doing questionable things like wearing cropped trousers. i should get some apcs and a pair of gats and call it a day. maybe go see 21 jump street or something.

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Please, if it were only that simple. You'll never be satisfied/get bored.

On a side note, 21 Jump Street was alright haha

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks good.
My friend dragged me to go see John Carter last night, would not recommend.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John Carter was awful. I'm just glad I was so high I barely realized I was watching a ****** movie.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
DEfKy.png

lollll. I need some kind of benchmark to compare instances of "curated" against on different style / design / fashion sites and blogs.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

John Carter was awful. I'm just glad I was so high I barely realized I was watching a ****** movie.

Didn't know wtf was going on until the last 30min of the movie. Drinks definitely made it tolerable.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
J/W but anyone going to that Gilt warehouse sale in SF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads