• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
yall still respondin to moo? i guess he is a master baiter

Last edited:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

holy ****, that means there's hope for the two cows (tagut and ace)
somebody recommend me a thick (not chunky) grey, charcoal or black cardigan beater
requirements
-no leather buttons
-shawl collar
-natural fibers
-not ribbed (cuffs and hem ok)
-cheap
looking to replace my chunky +j uniqlo cardi that is disintegrating by the second to smoke in, hence smoking cardigan

i just got this, and am quite pleased with it. the wool is super-soft- i find starks too scratchy to wear with just a T.

http://www.mrporter.com/product/175433

Last edited:

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

13602809.jpg

goddamn

as a good goddamn? looks pretty awful to me.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Nice sweater linked above. Many different ways to rock that, I think. Might have to do something w/ toggles.

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ Nice sweater linked above. Many different ways to rock that, I think. Might have to do something w/ toggles.

I'd be all over that it if it had a standard button front. Nice weave, but the toggles (especially with the additional shawl collar closure buttons) make it too fussy for me.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious question : how is the fashion scene in Boston like? I am considering goign to school in Boston but don't want to leave NYC for fear of frat boys in boat shoes

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deciding where you go to school based on what people wear might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my whole life.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Deciding where you go to school based on what people wear might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my whole life.

that was sort of a joke... but I am lost between deciding business and fashion. The schools i got into at nyc vs boston are both fairly mediocre so the question is more of whether or not i will have the chance to try working in the fashion industry in Boston ( to see if I actually wanna be doing design and such vs simply collecting nice clothes). lol do I sound ridiculous? and would you happen to know?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the most part, but the culture of the student body and the way you relate to it is a huge part of the "college experience."

Last edited:

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how FL people on here keep an interest in fashion. My sole purchase of the last 3 months was some slim gray J Crew shorts. :uhoh:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have no idea how FL people on here keep an interest in fashion. My sole purchase of the last 3 months was some slim gray J Crew shorts. :uhoh:

Yea, I agree. I just moved out of florida and honestly there's like 2-3 months out of the year where you can dress fashionably. Rest of the year was just plain white T, thin denim, and canvas sneakers for me.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Floridas wack son.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've learned the best thing I can do is have really nice footwear, one nice jacket and rest is sort of whatever because you can't really wear it.

TBH I'm sick of not having seasons.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the most part, but the culture of the student body and the way you relate to it is a huge part of the "college experience."

exactly, and clothing is a form of identifying with a culture.

would love to have went to NYC for school, but my grades were ass and I cant afford NYU, nor did I wanna pay for the cost when its not even ivy league status.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads