• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shah or anyone who knows, looking for a suggestion on a tripod for my s95.

One that can stand evenly on a tilt and you can properly adjust the legs accordingly.
And of course all the other requirements like waist height or taller etc.

: )

Biggen

Reaction score

probably nobody else cares except if I catch gdl's attention, but I would like a pocket square. I feel this is too bright and high-contrast. and it's cotton/rayon. surely if I'm to have one (or two) they would be of more interesting fabrics and more universal color scheme.
edit: also would like to find a nice cravat :eek:
edit2: PG welcomes you with hypnotic eyes :devil:

Maybe this? Looks quite nice and it's made of linen so your hands wouldn't have to touch cotton.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what about that pocket square -- it seems too loud. need more subtle. and please don't tell me to stuff my kufi into my chest pocket :laugh:

It's kinda hard to suggest a pocket square without knowing what you'd wear it with. Just like it would be hard to recommend one tie. Our friends at Howard Yount have a number of nice patterned squares (gingham and such) if that's what you're looking for - I find those pretty versatile. If you're looking for one large print (a la Carre Hermes), the Drakes and Rubinacci can be nice in the right colorways. I have 3 or 4 of Drakes' mughal print square in brown, red, bottle green colors and love those. Maybe keep an eye on MC B&S to see if anything tickles your fancy ?

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, so I just discovered Yoox and there's a lot of nice stuff there..or rather, different.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's kinda hard to suggest a pocket square without knowing what you'd wear it with. Just like it would be hard to recommend one tie. Our friends at Howard Yount have a number of nice patterned squares (gingham and such) if that's what you're looking for - I find those pretty versatile. If you're looking for one large print (a la Carre Hermes), the Drakes and Rubinacci can be nice in the right colorways. I have 3 or 4 of Drakes' mughal print square in brown, red, bottle green colors and love those. Maybe keep an eye on MC B&S to see if anything tickles your fancy ?

There's also Kent Wang. If you're ever in NYC you could try Paul Stuart, especially for the cravat/ascot part of the equation.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the faces weeping ?

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
he looks like the remnants of an opening ceremony sample sale

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking for one of those Silent bags that's big and sack-like. Needed for a trip. I see one version on yoox but if anyone has any other suggestions of where to find, i'd appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics