Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I'd hope so, for ~9k in the last few years

but jet spends this much on lunch

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

I spent twice that in 07.

3. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Senior member

Ah k, must be someone else in that thread.

I like Prorsum but I feel like I'd want to handle the pieces first before I throw down.

I've seen good knitwear and outerwear from them, and that's what I get drawn to.

Sweet knits are the incandescent lamp to my inner moth.

The one Prorsum shirt I have is perfect in terms of fit, construction, feel & everything.

I hope Gilt carries them again soon.

4. APK

APK Senior member

I'm only 23, so I am young. I've worked through university, so I'm not sure I buy all the "I have no moneys" talk - people just spend more on trips / beer / going out / sticky icky etc.
    Just out of curiosity, what are the things you must spend money on each month? You don't need to toss out figures. But you either don't have half of the monthly bills I outlined or you're racking up some spiffy credit card debt. That or university jobs pay really, really, really well.

This isn't a woe-is-me deal here. I'm just saying that after all of the expenses I have locked in for each month, there is often not enough to buy more than one really nice piece. That extra amount usually serves as a cushion between myself and overdrafts. I'll occasionally go out for a meal with friends. For the most part, though, the amount of money I spend on things such as drinking is negligible. I don't smoke. When I drink, it's with several people and almost always involves an economy sized pack of booze.

It isn't just about being young, it's about how independent you are. I'm not going to rag on people my age who still live at home or have mom and dad footing some of their bills. Just remember that there are some people out there at this age who are truly on their own. Whether it's paying the rent, buying groceries, or covering the cost of a dental check-up, some people at this age are paying for it all on their own.

5. impolyt_one

I spent twice that in 07 at South Willard.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

ah good ol days of 06-07 when the shop was nice with vb, bless, wilhelm, and ann sofie b, lutz etc for women also bought tons of jil knits (the best buys) from a small boutique that dropped mens soon after

7. impolyt_one

I know they couldn't sell it, but I do think dropping Bless was very untimely for Ryan, since it pretty much blew up on the interwebz right after and the larger sized/mens Bless was not well represented on the internet, still isn't really, unless you want to buy from Spain. maybe he can pick up some TOJ S/S09 or FW. [​IMG]

8. impolyt_one

"Temple of Jawnz. Two men (actually just one guy who works on it). Two countries. No homo. [​IMG]"

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Bless just doesn't do well in LA and online buyers were only copping at high discounts, plus the prices kept going up. I would have kept it though and kept the buys tight. He's impossibly difficult when it comes to adding new lines but if me and my boy ever open up a shop we'd do it right and be the exclusive TOJ retailer in CA.

10. impolyt_one

TOJdondafarts.com

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

I liked the ervell summer jeans too PP, but didn't end up pulling the trigger. not the striped ones tho!

seriously considering a linen geller bomber from odin

12. impolyt_one

I keep seeing Ryan in Huge magazine and they always make his buys look good, but frankly he's dwindled to a shadow of the beautiful stuff he had just a couple years ago. Shame, even though there's a recession, I think thr online audience at least could support those kinds of buys better now than before.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

I don't disagree, I also think though some has to be attributed to the demise of some labels.

He's my boy and still has a cult following regardless.

14. impolyt_one

You really want to open a retail store man? I admire the people who like it and make it work their way, but I know I would hate the constant mental number crunching and customer service, especially in LA...

15. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

great post APK. it gets to the heart of the talk/walk disconnect here (ie people discuss X brand but sub j.crew/br/h&m). for a lot of posters, if it's between j.crew knit or a ndg knit...well, they'll go for the mid-level quantity vs. the higher-level quality if the different means a pair of apc ns or crates.

bright side to this: when the members of the forum grow into stable careers we're gonna see crazy steeze.

nah by the time you have a stable career, you need to save for a house, new cars, etc.. there goes the rest of your money son

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.