• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just wrote out a list today of all the things I want to fill out my wardrobe. Would like to attempt the minimalist/runway black suit look, consisting of:
-Slim black wool suit (DVN? Raf? CKC?)
-White hidden placket shirt (Plokhov? Uniqlo?)
-Black leather derbies (Raf?)
Will button shirt to the top, no tie, you know the look. May mix it up by ditching the suit jacket and instead wearing my ToJ MDR. Who can point me towards the right products?!

carlo brandelli-era kilgour for the suit. still quite a few floating around,

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Not just in NYC, but also San Francisco, Toronto, Montreal, London, Paris, Milan, Berlin, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Bergen, Oslo, Moscow (Idaho) and every other place that is not a fishing village.
I hate them both. I hate mandals more, because they are stupid, unless you are actually live in a fishing village or love to have grimey feet after walking a block. I hate the new Balances because the whole geek chic thing reminds me of people who listen to "challenging music" and wear vintage frames and live in Portland and make me want to slam them on their heads.

what if you're an authentic geek, reformed would-be hipster embracing a post-pretentious lifestyle? abandoning the consumption of "challenging" media and goods in favor of simpler pleasures?

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in Toronto and my feet don't get grimey from wearing sandals unless I'm frolicking about High Park with friends ... drunk ... which hasn't happened in years.

They can't be "for hippies" if they're made of python skin.

What else ya got?

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends where you live. When I lived in Barcelona which is clean as hell I could wear sandals all day; an hour on the sidewalk here and my feet are 5 shades darker than the rest of me.

I don't think I'm branching past flip-flops too soon, though.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand this "grime" factor. I walk all day in Palm Beach with sandals and my feet stay as clean as when I washed them that morning

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

thanks for the recs. hopefully i won't end up with these:

I still have a pair of these floating around somewhere. i never really liked them though, no idea why i bought them at the time. 8th grade?

oh yeah and i had these junior year of highschool :rotflmao:

other than that i've had plain dark brown reefs which always served me well on vacation

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Damn man what type of **** is rolling around on the ground that would make your feet so dirty? My opinion of NYC was that it was clean

anomie

Reaction score
Damn man what type of **** is rolling around on the ground that would make your feet so dirty? My opinion of NYC was that it was clean

crackup[1].gif
the exact opposite. and tbh it's probably a combo of what's on the ground and what's floating around in the air

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i have nothing against NB, I actually think some models look legit.
but, what I dislike is watching the masses jump on a bandwagon (camo has sadly fallen victim to this).

Better stay out of the WvG thread then. Every post seems to be about camo.

Densely packed city, tons of cars, impressively tall trash bag piles on some sidewalks. It's a lot cleaner than it used to be, but with those factors, it's gonna get grimey at times, especially during the summer.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
well it's clean with regards to trash and **** like that, for the most part. And many sidewalks get scrubbed down every morning because dogs are going to the bathroom all over them all day, but there is still normal city dirt.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
ok I don't hate sandals but these last few pages have made me reconsider my opinion ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads