1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Nice quote.

2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

For sure, black has an aesthetic appeal all its own, but I wanted to analyze other possible reasons :embar:

3. bows1

bows1 Senior member

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Just checked out the site and there is a playlist simply called "the world of Johnny Cash", so far so good and the name leaves my dignity intact.

5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

I was thinking about this the other day, actually, after catching the new Barbour ads. Man of Kent: Darkness Rising :slayer:

6. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

Ironically, I think some of us favour black precisely b/c we have clothing as a 'hobby'. I'm satisfied enough just looking at colourful clothing online for large chunks of the day. I think you see the same phenomenon with designers whose personal uniform is often much more understated then their clothing

7. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Black is awesome, have found myself wanting more and more dark pieces.
    To add to previously mentioned reasons why people like black, is that I think it's easier to see the difference in texture and appreciate it more so when it's all similar colors but at the same time different ones :)

8. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Sometimes I wonder what my style progression would look like had I never found this site

1 person likes this.
  9. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Sometimes I wish I could go back to how I dressed before SF...so sized down Cheap Mondays and band tees

10. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Last year Barbour did a leather version of the Chelsea that they called 'Faversham' (where I live) and was tempted, but I've got a brown leather Bedale and the leather quality is only so so...

11. snake

snake Senior member

Black is just natural for me, it doesn't feel forced. Its only recently that I've begun branching out and experimenting with color. So I suppose I'm going the other way here. But like it was said earlier, my eyes focus more on the overall silhouette and texture rather than color coordination.

2 people like this.
  12. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I'll occasionally do the International with black jeans...

13. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

If I hadn't stumbled onto this site I'd probably have become a stupid #menswear enthusiast. And I'd have looked terrible doing it. In five years I could totally see myself getting Devoa'd out though.

I just really want to wear baller monochromatic-ish clothing that also doubles as functional yoga clothing. :embar:

1 person likes this.
  14. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

I'm colourblind (0).

2 people like this.
  15. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

U ain't ever heard of Big L then

3 people like this.
  16. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Maybe this is a silly question: With shoes like these m.a+ ones, what do you do about the upturned part of the shoe when you're first breaking them in? Is there an easy (and painless) way to break them in? I ask because I've recently acquired a pair of Andrew McDonald derbies that are nominally the correct size, but I can't fit into them without crushing my toes.

17. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

18. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

19. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

i wear my death t shirt with my black jeans + leather jacket from time to time
    Don't listen to as much death metal anymore but I'll still put on Human or Symbolic every once in a while

Unrelated
    I feel like we should start a list of people that look like bows. So far I have that yohji model, macklemore, and ewen macgregor. I am sure there are many more.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  20. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I'm legit colorblind, thats why I try to stick with black and grey for the most part, and burgundy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.