1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Distinguished Member

Sorry, how many pockets was that again Mr Porter?

[​IMG]

2. Lane

Lane Distinguished Member

lol its a joke im not gonna get a fucking scooter...

im gonna get a 250r and use it for a few months and then switch when the times right. im just to flipping shit lol :embar:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

3. aether

aether Distinguished Member

there are lots of people who shouldn't be on a moto. I've been on two wheels for a majority of my life and the skills translate pretty well.

For example, I picked up snowboarding REALLY fast because of my BMX background. I could kickflip and do basic shit on a skateboard, but riding bikes helped me more. a big part of it was just the reduced fear. as you guys know, the mechanics of snowboarding is pretty different from skateboarding. but having that confidence really helps when you're moving fast

lots of people get a moto having never participated in action sports of any sort and they're not very conditioned to ride assertively and see 'lines' that may help them avoid collisions.

but it's amazing. Even the most basic trips and errands that would be a bore in a car are supremely enjoyable because you're riding! all those cage-drivers look at you enviously at the stop lights, haha

4. iroh

iroh Distinguished Member

is he still alive? he must be a pretty powerful man if he survived that one.

5. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior Member

For one, I feel like the markups have been getting worse lately. I've noticed instances where at some American stores essentially the same item is a couple hundred dollars more than it was a previous season. But that said, the customer service at places like the Archive and Downtown is truly fantastic, and once their 70% sales roll around the items are well under Japanese retail, which is the only time I've made a purchase. Another issue is that many of these Japanese brands don't have overseas distribution networks or English speaking staff members - this means that it is entirely up to the owners of the store to deal with every aspect of the acquisition process, and time is money.

I personally buy items from Japan, but I have the opportunity to go into a physical store, and for online shopping I read Japanese. It always has seemed to me like scouring rakuten and yj would be much more difficult if you couldn't read what the hell was going on.

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

Plus with so much java going on these days, I can't even see the Japanese text anymore, using Mozilla. :(

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

What I would like to know if that mark-up is really necessary or if they are just gouging. If I could sell a pair of ¥20,000 denim for $300 that would be a whole other story.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Necessary. The retail structure in Japan and here is completely different. Gym now. Will expllain when I get back.

9. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

I don't think people really understand the severity of import taxes. Even the big fashion houses with flagship presences in asia mark up all their goods by at least 40%

10. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Distinguished Member

A Blackbird interview touched on the topic IIRC-- don't American/Canadian retailers have to order Japanese goods either at retail or at a price a whole lot higher than wholesale?

11. melonadejello

melonadejello Distinguished Member

I think the problem is that there *isn't* a wholesale price, but I will let someone else get into it

12. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Distinguished Member

13. bows1

bows1 Distinguished Member

These are for tween

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is for artishard

[​IMG]

and this is for me

[​IMG]