Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

nah man i'm sure labrador has some HARDDDDCOOOOORE julius fans

2. Desi

Desi Senior member

i do this all the time. I need to finish FFXI story missions.

3. ramp

ramp Senior member

I like to think that Styleforum is a kinder community where the people with leet gear help the noobies by rushing them (and not even asking for forge) and doing endless Diablo/Baal runs to help them get on that level.

Then again, maybe some just go around pking. :happy:

4. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I was reading an article in Maclean's today about the recent surge of Antwerp six apparel among the prarie oilsand workers

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Herr Mess :) RJ and I just call it Herpès.

6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

relevant

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Not sure this would help. For example, look how much something like Attachment costs in the states. A ¥20,000 pair of jeans becomes like $600. If you're going to buy online, why not just proxy it? Or am I just deluded and really few people know about proxying?

I just have a hard time swallowing that hardcore fans of Japanese brands are willing to pay US retail prices unless they're really rich.

8. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Ah, I used to play D2 back in the day. There was a kind soul (probably about half my age for all I know) who would rush me for free and helped me get a lot more gear and whatnot. At a certain point, though, I became what you could call middle-class - I wasn't ladder-ranking material, but I had enough going on that I could get through a decent amount of stuff on my own without being killed and I was often one of the bigger guys in group quests. While the game certainly became less frustrating at that point, it also lost a certain amount of charm and excitement. I could keep going and searching for grails that I could use or trade (which rarely turned up), but that was about it...just slugging along the same routine, hoping something worth getting excited about would turn up (it rarely did).

Then they reset the ladder and I never played again.

Also, at some point, I figured out that I'd rather get out of the apartment and see people than spend all my time staring into a computer screen.

9. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

That's a fair point, and probably especially so in Montreal (whereas in NYC you could probably get a fair amount of 'ah fuck it I'm in New York, I'm buying it' business). I would guess that, in general, a small percentage of people know about proxying and an even smaller percentage will actually utilize it, but that logic probably doesn't really apply when it comes to niche Japanese brands. I guess it would depend somewhat on if you were looking at solely carrying Japanese brands, or if you were willing to mix in some brands from the Western Hemisphere to balance out your business (sort of like BiG does). Customers being able to more easily return items would add some value, too (albeit to a limited extent).

10. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

wish i could PK half of you

12. snake

snake Senior member

Back then, nothing made me happier than to play D2 or Starcaft after coming home from school.

13. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Team Fortress Classic all day every day, those were the days !

Now its just Quake Live for an hour at the office after work :| Instagib CTF

14. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Wow, I knew the US stockists marked up their offerings, but I didn't realize it was that bad. Another example- I just noticed The Archive is carrying this KKA jacket, previously priced at 49,350 "yen dollars" (sup chronbong) or around $611 USD, for $1240.

So the question is- does the clientele of American/Canadian stockists deem the in-store experience, the customer service, the ability to try the stuff on worth the expense? Or do they just not know better or not care?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i get what your're saying toasty. did you ever have that mod where you can generate the greatest gear and equip it to your guy? it just became too easy. ...but sometimes you log on and your character was left with nothing lol :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.