Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

2. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

3. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

möle

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

facepalm.jpg

5. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:

Yeah, but, using the English pronunciation, there's only one way to say that, like the american pronunciation of jewel but with an m.

Sipang, halp.

Edit: I think that's just 'mule,' lol.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  6. Lane

Lane Senior member

awesome, yah I've been looking so far for a beginner bike, and from what ive read a kawasaki ninja 250r is right up my alley. I prefer the look and power of the xz6r, but I know i'll just end up killing myself on that, lmao.

$8k? might be a better model you're looking at, a 250r goes for like 4k retail, I'm looking at used ones cuz im bound to fuck it up when I first start, plus it will cost me $2k instead anyways. Fucking looking for MSF classes here first, but I will die in DC if I just drive it without some safety lessons, everyone here hates motorcyclists, lol.

7. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I advise you to get a used bike, not because you'll fuck it up, but because you're going to get rid of it in no longer than a year. No matter what you tell yourself, riding a 250 is not fun once you learn to ride and you will do so rather quickly. If you buy new, you're going to lose a lot more on resale than buying used.

and yes I strongly suggest you take lessons because it is completely different than getting behind the wheel of a car. There are things you wouldn't even really think about that are factors when you're riding.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Man, I'm in the exact opposite place. I feel OK spending more and more on individual items (and as a result, am buying less items, but that's a good thing) and I really want to open a menswear store in Montreal but I don't think it would be economically viable at all.

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

I know, ive been reading a lot about it, and I know for sure I want to take safety lessons. However, yah you bring up a good point too, I am gonna get bored of it, and its easier to resell if its used.

fuck I really want it so bad right now, but 1) lessons arent until end of march, only openings...sigh. Fjiwjhifghqfgiqjnqwgivwqgvqgqg

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

also you drive manual cars Lane?

If you've driven manual cars and ridden a scooter, you'll pick it up, but if you're trying to learn both a) 2 wheel steering and b) clutch and gear shifts i can imagine it'd be a bit dangerous.

Good idea to take lessons.

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

ive riden a scooter, but no manual car, but I got an idea what you mean. Yah, definitely not trying to get into a coma.

12. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Not viable as in you don't think it would succeed, or not viable as in you don't have the money to do it right now?

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I think saturation point is an appropriate term, particularly in the amount of clothing I own (and want to wear). Has anyone else run across sales threads (for some reason I think I've mostly seen them in sufu) that lead off with, "So I found this $3,000 grail unicorn sitting in the back of my closet somewhere with the tags still attached, because I forgot I bought it and I never wore it"? I don't want to turn into that guy; not that I'd reach that extreme, but there's a point out there somewhere beyond which I wouldn't be able to wear all of the stuff I buy. There are still more things I want, and realistically speaking, it'll take several months for me to get everything (I haven't budgeted it all out, but I assume it would take me to at least the fall, staying comfortably within my means).

The part about wearing Diesel jeans and tight concert t-shirts, although partly in jest, is more a product of how uninspiring my environment is. I live in Philadelphia, and the norm here is fat, ugly, and poorly dressed. My brother bought me a gift certificate to a local menswear store (which shall go unnamed), and I couldn't find anything I wanted to buy. There were some Penguin sweatpants that looked like they might have been ok for wearing to the gym, and there was a hoodie that I'd mostly wear - you guessed it - to the gym...I think it was some awful brand like Andrew Christian, but I didn't see any logos on it and it fit ok. I think the best brand they carried was Scotch & Soda. I left mumbling something about coming back when they had more spring/summer items in stock.

I'm pretty sure that the most stylistically advanced point in this city falls somewhere around UO and American Apparel (both conveniently located on the same block of Walnut St, now that I think about it). It just makes a clothing hobby seem even more frivolous than it already is. Maybe in a couple of years people will be up to the point of dressing like a superdenim WAYWT. Maybe that's being too optimistic.

edit:

tl; dr

- It seems like I have just about enough clothes at this point.
    - Philly is a terrible place to have an interest in fashion.

14. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Quote:
    Good luck on the Beltway with a bike, roads suck dick for motorcycling.

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

nvm gonna buy a scooter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.