1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnkerr

johnkerr New Member

Just an update, turns out my dad wears these short sleeved shirts so my fears were confirmed.

2. skitlets

skitlets Distinguished Member

That's exactly the price range I'm looking at, up to $300. I have tiny eu39/40 feet so I can never find anything in my size at sale time. Might just jump on random yoox brands.

3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Distinguished Member

Yeah there's lots of moma floating around on yoox right now.

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

should i sell my ann d jacket since it fits kinda slim ? i am getting rid of much slim bottoms so soon i'll have little left to wear with it. cotton/linen blend that's so light weight , i kinda wanna keep it despite never having worn it but one time just because of how immaculate it is what with the double lapel and all :slayer:

say what you will, this is fantastic in every aspect. if you were to describe it to me I would probably be repulsed but the pics paint a marvelous portrait here, a smashing chap if you will.
    ...and yet I can't look away

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Adidas countries look quite allright, don't hesitate. I am wearing an adidas tracksuit and some stan smiths while typing this.

6. the shah

so are you in the 18eme ? i wore that all the time there :slayer:

7. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Porte de la Chappelle, 1999 ? I knew we had met somewhere...

8. the shah

this maghrebain fellow was insisting we buy du shit from him and said there really was no choice in the matter. no amount of discussion would disuade him and he was quickly become agitated, and so we explained that we were in fact sheikhs having come from dubai (it was a matter of life and death ok so fine whatever :embar: ) which then overwhelmed him, he began trembling and crying about how much he wished to repent and wanted to be set on the correct path again and that this was just out of necessity etc. needless to say, he was very apologetic, and we parted ways after asking him for directions to one of the most ghetto clubs i've been to outside of mexican gangbangland; they only let us in because of the particular passports we had in our possessions. interesting how many white girls were there lurking around hoping for some black dudes. i have the video clips somewhere or other ...

9. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Distinguished Member

Nobody likes threads where people ask for help, it's always the same boring problems.

Here's what I would like: "*** How would you dress X? ***", a thread for dreaming up and suggesting looks for other forumers. Like, I want to see Mellow Fellow wearing The Soloist, and Kent Money wearing wacky WvB shit.

10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

This is similar to my Noob Lotto idea, which I hope takes off someday...

11. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Distinguished Member

given that you have small feet it may be easier to find some last pairs on Yoox or Gilt (like the Sunday Night Steals or Final Few) b/c those sizes are less common. I can't ever get anything b/c I wear a 10 +/- a half size depending and they'll be gone like hotcakes if it's anything good. (maybe even Bluefly's last few pairs get discounted quite a bit altho' I fucking loathe them)

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

I wear a us 7.5. Gilt is pretty much your only option.

Size down a half size on most boots and you'll be fine with inserts at the very worst.

13. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Distinguished Member

For those of you that PMed me, and anyone else that might be interested, I went to find that issue of Pen that Drew talked about, but I don't think they had the CdG one.

[​IMG]

I was able to flip through this one and didn't find anything.

[​IMG]

This one was all sealed and i couldn't check inside, and I can't tell if any of the writing on the front indicates anything about Comme. Drew, if you see this can you confirm that this might be the one? If it's neither of these then no luck guys. Magazine was also only $11 IIRC so much less than I expected. All of the others were typically 16-24

14. Fycus

Fycus Distinguished Member

Kinda pissed off at inventory magazine. I guess they had a sale that ended this morning, not a big deal right. I had no clue, so I emailed them asking about a jacket that was on sale that disappeared and I was planning on purchasing. It was on sale for $245. They said that the sale ended but if I emailed them back with my size they would be able to take care of me. I told them my size and color I wanted, I even named two colors just to be safe. They emailed me back saying that the best they could do is $315 and $20 shipping. I responded and politely declined but in my mind I was thinking what kinda bullshit is that haha. Why try and haggle up the price, if the sale ends just say its now full price, don't insult me by naming an artificially inflated price by trying to make an extra couple of bucks. Instead of just honoring the sale price (of which they had multiple stock leftover), I probably won't bother ordering from them again.

15. whatever123

whatever123 Distinguished Member

i wonder if he thinks it bullshit that you try to buy items at the sale price once its over, like you are somehow special. despite this, were not talking about a lot of money ... if you really wanted it $70 shouldn't hold you back. so really, you are upset because he is running a business and didnt extend you the sale price after the sale was over, which is what most retailer do. they are there after all to make money.

btw, he has given me the sale price like two weeks after the sale ended last year. but i buy from him a couple times a month. i suspect he will be just fine if you dont buy "sale" items anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.