1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I can't wear GATs to hike in, I don't have a dog that can take adequate photographs :cry:

The only canine I have access to is a talking dog. I am trying to get rid of him though. Why ? Well that's because he keeps going on about how he speaks 4 languages and how he's an adventurous spirit with a pack of huskies conquered the antarctic, the first dog ever to do so. SO you may ask, sell a talking dog ? Yes, I can't take the damned lies anymore :fu:

Should I superglue the seams back to the body ???

I'm at 3hrs49 min mark so far

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Distinguished Member

Which exact boot is this? (Pics?)

4. sipang

sipang Distinguished Member

5. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

6. sipang

sipang Distinguished Member

Did you get them from Hunting&Collecting ?

7. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior Member

I'm tempted to get a pair of Adidas Country knowing full well that these things look like some goddamn leather potatoes with stripes basically.

Maybe I ought to pay some Japanese magazine to feature them in an editorial so I won't feel so nerdy for wanting these things :eek:

8. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Distinguished Member

Having others reassure that something is cool to you is the first step to uncool. Antiswagger. Confidence -5

9. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Distinguished Member

Then again living in sf fantasyland a lot here is seen as "fucking dope" when it looks really silly no matter what. And being oblivious != swag, yo

Amirite

10. thewho13

thewho13 Distinguished Member

So you know the "Ultimate Noob Thread (recommend me X in my wardrobe)?" Well, I kind of want to pose a "recommend me X in my wardrobe-" type question, but I don't want to deal with the slowness of that thread, not to mention that thread's lack of certain voices from whom I would like to hear responses to this question that I have. Basically, I have a question that amounts to "I have X amount of money to spend; please recommend me multiple Xs in my wardrobe, given that I already have items a, b, c, etc."

Is anyone down for entertaining this notion? or is this too much self-indulgence on my part? Apologies if it truly is the latter.

11. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Distinguished Member

So what you're saying is you literally want to be dressed by the internet?

12. thewho13

thewho13 Distinguished Member

Do you honestly think that people here don't do that already? Whether or not it involves purchasing a few items, or purchasing an entire outfit, you can't separate the influence of this forum from how people actually go about dressing themselves.

EDIT: I'm curious though: what tangible difference exists between "being dressed by the internet" and, well, "not" being dressed by the internet. I think the "X constructed by the internet" idea takes away from what the internet, as a social medium, has to offer, while simultaneously demonstrating an arbitrary privileging of the "other" influences in people's lives that shape their style.

EDITx2: Sorry if I sound obnoxiously defensive. I suppose I'm just looking for pointers like many other people, and this might be simply too selfish a request.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012

13. skitlets

skitlets Distinguished Member

Unfortunately not many post in the recommendation thread. I've been on the hunt for a decently priced derby for a long time.

14. KingJulien

KingJulien Distinguished Member

Quote:
    I think this is overly simplistic - what he's asking (I think) is 'I have $X and these items, recommend something I hadn't considered before that would work with what I have.' Which I always thought was a cool idea, it's too bad that thread never took off.

That said, you'll be better off just lurking for awhile, buying some stuff, making a few mistakes and figuring it out on your own. I think people come here thinking this is a place to learn how to dress well, like a crash course in style, but you've got to do that on your own.

15. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Distinguished Member

Skitlets, whatchoo mean by decently priced? The advice I always give people wanting nice shoes on a budget is to shoot for the mid level brands (Paul Smith, F+B, Varvatos, etc) during sale time.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.