1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. I'll say EDM just as the broadest category possible (house, garage, etc). A lot of white label, single releases and what not. Then some older soul, disco, funk, etc. I really didn't do enough with what I had to justify having as much as I did, so I'm solely a listener. Oddly enough getting rid of all my stuff took nearly all of last summer haha Still, I want to move in a few years and the thought of hauling all of that across country gave me nightmares.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Mr. Porter service so good it's ridiculous, wish they had stuff I actually wanted to buy :/

1 person likes this.
  3. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

1. Yes the tagged size is crazy off. a 10 UK in Jil usually corresponds to like an 11.5-12 US from what I've heard, and this thing would be best for a US 8-9. SO FAR OFF

2. I did go by measurements, and outsole measurements between my other shoes are pretty remarkably consistent. This one was close enough for me to give it a shot.

3. I wasn't necessarily surprised by them not fitting (it was admittedly a gamble), but that they were actually way too small instead of being too large.

5. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I have a $400 soundcard and a $500 midi controller (which I could probably live without if I had to) and that's all I really need - just use the soundcard + whatever the club provides and use the midi when at home. I get that having vinyl is its own kind of hobby, though - just saying that I'm glad I avoided getting into that, as it saved me a ton and still allowed me to enjoy DJing.

6. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

Bear with me - stupid question time. I'm considering the Peir Wu powernet jacket because of a burning desire to be SF approved (7), but I'm worried the measurements are too large. My best fitting structured jacket measures 15.5" in the shoulder, under which I can comfortably layer a knit, where it's 16.75 on the Wu. However, the shoulders on that jacket seem much closer set in than the PW, which appear as though it's meant to be slightly sloped. Think it's doable, or should I just pass and wait for something a little narrower cut?

[​IMG]

7. jet

jet Senior member

I would email joseph and see what he says, keep in mind he's currently in paris. He's really good with sizing.

8. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

according to fuuma peir wu outwear fits tts so if you are generally wear 44, i'm guessing 44 should be alright. but yeah I would just pm platypus.

9. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site and not 100% sure if this is the right place, but I've been trying to find out who is making tee's (l/s) with asymmetrical bottom hems? I was looking at some pictures of jeans and stumble upon someone layering a white asymmetrical hemmed tee with a black enzyme washed (standard hemmed) tee over top. IMO it looked really nice together, but I can't seem to find anyone currently doing anything like this....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

10. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Silent by Damir Doma, Robert Geller, or Rick Owens

11. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

+1

or julius, or viridi anne, or lots of others but that's a probably a good start

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I tried on this jacket and it was too tight for me in a 44, fits right on Platypus, I'm a 46 and he's a 44 so tts. I'm not sure the jacket is SF approved considering Iwri and I seem to be the only Peir Wu owners but it's definitely a chance to wear a great design from an avant-garde and confidential designer.

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Walked by the h&m store and looks like they're copying the SS ijevan. Didn't go in to check it out. Copped a Gant Rugger madras for $28.

14. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

Don't forget about snowman! I think he has the quilted sleeve version.

15. BreezyBirch

i have the cardi!

16. snake

snake Senior member

Ribbed, I'm pretty sure.

Looks like I'll have to be patient for my sp purchase to ship..

17. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I will second that Joseph is great with sizing, but unreachable at the moment. I'm looking at that same PW jacket Fuuma picked up and am thinking I can squeeze into a size 46. Typically a slim 48 so perhaps the 48 that is still available may fit. But going to wait for Joseph to confirm.

Everyone will be buying Peir Wu now. Also, Suspension Point is a great shop. Probably the only place online that I still find things I want, even now.

18. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Are we seriously going to do this "A white horse is not a horse" thing?

19. BreezyBirch

20. zissou

zissou Senior member

It's eventually a nice pair of shoes.

6 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.