1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Well said

2. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

There's a Reddit thread in which a Redditor who lives in Italy calls the discontinuation of the Uniqlo Mountain Parka the "worst day of my life" and mentions that he was going to book a flight to London to go to Uniqlo and buy it.

"I'm in deep pain right now. Like VERY deep pain."

1 person likes this.
  3. sipang

sipang Senior member

A thumb up was enough but ok :D

(Bring back the thumb comments !)

3 people like this.
  4. wurm

wurm Senior member

yeah, and a good stylist is really the key in something like this.

rft: been putting off cleaning my closet out and selling things for a while. now i'm finally getting around to it and it feels really nice to be reducing the size of my wardrobe and making money off it. also getting rid of my tv, all video games, and other electronics. just feels nice not having so much crap. expect a really big, good sales thread from me soon (hopefully next sunday).

rft 2: been wanting to reincorporate more streetwear into my wardrobe recently.

5. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

it's certainly practical. i like the jacket on the right

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I knew it.

The drugs got to you

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  7. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

That TH pic has a little goth ninja going on (5)

8. wurm

wurm Senior member

that too :devil:

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I found an awesome Hilfiger shirt in a thrift recently, a vintage red chambray with MOP buttons. A tag sewn into the neck indicated it was a Nieman's Exclusive. :laugh:

10. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

looking at le MC ppl getting into raw denim bandwagon is so funny... they be wearing them like dress pants

11. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

12. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

Anyone handled dieppa restrepo boots for men? How are they IRL? Thinking of getting those as opposed to the black MMM side zips on rodengray. Any other recommendations for that type of sidezip boot (sleek but not pointy, and not too "tough" like guidis).

13. MS007

MS007 Senior member

the someone-should-buy link on the SWD frontpage is not working.

Did the banner discussion lead to anything?

14. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

This post is useless without pics.

2 people like this.
  15. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

a quick scan through MC casual will deliver

in a more general sense, more "classic"-oriented blogs and stores are now enforcing raw denim as the "edgy" alternative for casual trouser... actually this has been happening for sometime but I kinda get a feeling that more and more consumers bought into this thinking that the raw denim, being stiffer and darker in colour, fit the "edgy" bill- while actually after fade and wear they will turn into, well, blue faded jeans. the fits are usually very 'rigid' and 'neat'; tucking plaid shirts into the raw denim, then cuffing them neatly with almost dress trousers cuffing length obsession, then wearing shoes perceived, or told by others, as "more casual in the dress shoes hiearachy" such as brown chiseled brogues, brown monkstrap, or wholecuts(!!). while actually I think raw denim should be approached with regards to its final outcome which is a soft, relaxed, and nicely fitting garment (e.g. just stack the leg opening rather than being fussy with the cuff or the hem length).... indeed, I now I understand that jeans can be so hard to get for some people.

2 people like this.
  16. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Wait, are you telling me some people have a different approach to blue jeans?

17. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

A traditional silhouette is an outline drawing or a profile portrait cut from black paper. The word arose in the late 1700s when Etienne de Silhouette, French minister of finance, imposed higher taxes on the upper classes during the Seven Years War. Because painted portraits were too pricey and photography hadn't been invented, these profile cut outs were an inexpensive way to immortalize a face. At the time, Silhouette's name was synonymous with anything made cheaply, but for these paper portraits the name stuck to this day.

From A Clean Silhouette: The Robert Synthese Story

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  18. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Ha I was talking to my housemate today, and he was telling me about last summer when he went to NYC to do photography for Neighbor (the store) and shot all the Capsule and Man shows and all that, and he told me all those #menswear bloggers were like the biggest dorks ever, just super awkward. Noah, Nico etc

19. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

I went to HS with Noah and he's pretty chill. Nico is awkward as fuck from what I've been told.

20. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Have any of you guys seen the page "horses do not exist" on facebook?
    Originally started as a joke on the swedish version of the page (hästar finns inte), where it stated in it's description that "we believe in the science of horse being a fruit that does not exist", then BOOM, some month later the page had over 100 000 likes (now they're at ~237k), with interviews and what not (and naturally, hundreds of people on the page raging about the page and saying that horses do exist and that the people who have made the site should be ashamed of themselves and do something with their lives and don't be so stupid etc etc...) [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.