1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Distinguished Member

Thanks for the tip. I actually was in Kinokuniya recently checking out the magazines you recommended to me. Some really good stuff so thanks again for that. I think I might go back today to see if they have this though, and pick up a new copy of GO OUT as well.

I don't know what the price will be of the CdG magazine but guys feel free to PM me if you want a copy. Before doing that make sure you are OK with paying up to $30 shipped since the magazines can get very pricey. Realistically it will be more like $22 shipped or so if the magazine is like $18, but I don't want to end up with a dozen copies of a bulky $25 magazine from people that flake on me when they get the sticker shock. I'm not going to gouge anyone on costs or something stupid, but I know how much people like CdG so if they actually have it, I would be happy to send it out.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Distinguished Member

Because SF is its own fashion microculture, there are a lot of first posts in shitty threads that start 'hi i'm a guy who wants to become more stylish, right now i have some gap khakis but what do i do next' and then everyone bitches him out until he buys raw jeans and white sneakers. Which is a good place to start but it's also where people often stop.

Also, the 'loud' designers tend to be fuckin expensive

Also also, I would say the RO/Julius/Yohji stuff is all pretty 'loud', it's more a question of Jeremy Scott et al making clothes with a sense of humor, which people (myself included) are afraid of for various reasons.

for sure

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

dries did something like that.

4. Makeshift_Robot

Borneo 1834 is unfuckwithable as is Filles en Aiguille. What kind of non-exports?

5. Makeshift_Robot

Only slightly rhetorical question - how the fuck do you sit through that entire movie? I can watch whatever quantity of Jarmusch or Cassavetes or whatever, but fuckin a Wim Wenders was insufferable. Maybe there's a huge change in the last 20 minutes but I thought he took a good Yohji movie and turned it into a movie all about Wim Wenders and accordion waltzes.

6. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

BW has a studio in Paris, is a pothead and makes weird/artsy/uber gay presentations and clothes, his best bud is François Sagat. Wearers are more kokon to zai than little post-rave ravers.

Caricaturing:
    WvB: old gen homo, into fun/fiunky designs but much more militant and intellectual approach. He teaches at the royal academy and is like, say, what your NYC prof would be if he was a bear wearing fluo designs.
    BW: new gen homo, decadent and hedonistic, art freaks crowd. They're like lads, except smarter, dressed weird and really gay.

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

as far as I know, SL's Sarrasins and Bois Oriental are non-export. Was curious about Filles en Aiguilles but not sure if I like pine enough...
    I'm gonna try out some exports and perhaps if it works out get one of those two as well.

8. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Distinguished Member

Beams+ socks on MrPorter look nice:

[​IMG]

But . . . .

Select Size: One Size
    Size & Fit: "Comfortably fits US 7 to 9"

Why can't teensy Japanese people make big clothes for export?

9. oilpit

oilpit Senior Member

Kanye is good friends with him...which I just don't understand, he's such a freakin' tool...

10. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Distinguished Member

This guy seems like a tool, and Kanye is obviously a tool, so wherein lies your confusion?

11. wurm

wurm Distinguished Member

These were available at oi polloi and inventory in the past. I strongly considered getting them cause they're so awesome looking (this was the color I was least a fan of though). Ultimately decided against it for that and the fact that it seems good in concept but I would have no fucking idea of how to actually integrate them into my wardrobe.

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

hate the huge gyakusou on the back of the red light running jacket

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Late pass, but I think fake fragrances are almost universally yucky. I use unscented deodorant and soap, and my shaving cream and aftershave lotion are as fragrance-free as I could find.

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

[​IMG]
    –Rei Kawakubo

[​IMG]
    Ai Weiwei + Rei Kawakubo.. Rei-n-Ai.

W March features two CdG SS12 dresses

Photographs by Steven Klein
    Styled by Edward Enninful

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. Newo

Newo Senior Member

I hate wingtips. Don't know why that took off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.