• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nike Sportswear x Undercover Gyakusou SS12 is not as appealing as last seasons. Maybe because of lack of monks in the photoshoot?

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cosmic Wonder Light Source may be the most Japanese brand name I have encountered in a long time.
logo_ls6ss.jpg

ph_05_m.jpg

Minerals and plants live in the earth but their souls are hard to find.
Their outlines are very familiar but they have also an inner radiance.
These are expressions transmitted through the Earth's soil.
We ourselves create illuminations and reflect them outwards, offering back
to the universe our lessons.
This is how the natural world evolves in harmony with its spiritual self.
It's a marvelous exchange, and a very real one, that takes place all around us.
ahhahahahaha :inlove:

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There's an issue of PEN magazine here in Japan, was either last month's or this month's currently - it's dedicated to the CDG empire and has a more founded take on the CDG aesthetic. It includes the relevancy of Junya of course, but some mentions of Tao and of course Kawakubo.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
in light of a recent irrational decision

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]​

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

BW has nothing to do with this **** though, he's, for better or worse, a gay designer making clothes for gay wearers, often working in fashion in one capacity or another. I know people who wear BW and they're not fluo kids.

Yes I know, and partly because of that I can imagine him maintaining some sort of relevancy, along with WvB, who is kind of in the same boat.

What I was saying was that the mainstream/maltstream appeal of that look has passed and will now be reserved to a more niche crowd. I'm sure fluokids will continue to exist, alongside every other subculture that had its moment, but it won't be A Big Deal like it was a few years ago, where every tween in middle america dressed like that for parties.

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

There's an issue of PEN magazine here in Japan, was either last month's or this month's currently - it's dedicated to the CDG empire and has a more founded take on the CDG aesthetic. It includes the relevancy of Junya of course, but some mentions of Tao and of course Kawakubo.

Thanks for the tip. I actually was in Kinokuniya recently checking out the magazines you recommended to me. Some really good stuff so thanks again for that. I think I might go back today to see if they have this though, and pick up a new copy of GO OUT as well.

I don't know what the price will be of the CdG magazine but guys feel free to PM me if you want a copy. Before doing that make sure you are OK with paying up to $30 shipped since the magazines can get very pricey. Realistically it will be more like $22 shipped or so if the magazine is like $18, but I don't want to end up with a dozen copies of a bulky $25 magazine from people that flake on me when they get the sticker shock. I'm not going to gouge anyone on costs or something stupid, but I know how much people like CdG so if they actually have it, I would be happy to send it out.

Last edited:

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How come the styleforum doesn't ever really go for the 'loud' designers (Bernard Wilhelm, Walter van Beirendonck, Jeremy Scott, Gaultier, etc)?

Because SF is its own fashion microculture, there are a lot of first posts in ****** threads that start 'hi i'm a guy who wants to become more stylish, right now i have some gap khakis but what do i do next' and then everyone bitches him out until he buys raw jeans and white sneakers. Which is a good place to start but it's also where people often stop.

Also, the 'loud' designers tend to be fuckin expensive

Also also, I would say the RO/Julius/Yohji stuff is all pretty 'loud', it's more a question of Jeremy Scott et al making clothes with a sense of humor, which people (myself included) are afraid of for various reasons.

Actually I'd love to see a thread dedicated to those who wear that stuff in real life.

for sure

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads