• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

just tossed my size 4 attachment drape cardigan in the dryer after hand washing it cold, took a huge chance but it shrinked exactly to the size I wanted it to.
so happy, cuz I bought the damn thing so oversized because I was dying to have one, but when it stretched it just didn't work at all, cuz it fit like a size 50, and im a 44/46, lol.
drape cardigans shall make a return now! :slayer:

This IMO is what a lot of SZ fits do wrong - if you want long and drapey it looks better when the fit is oversized too. I.e. it shouldn't fit in the shoulders. I hate that tight at the top then long and drapey rick thing. looks terribled IMO. Especially in that ****** thin black fabric that alot of people wear.

Haven't seen your attachment so hoping it's nice

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just tossed my size 4 attachment drape cardigan in the dryer after hand washing it cold, took a huge chance but it shrinked exactly to the size I wanted it to.
so happy, cuz I bought the damn thing so oversized because I was dying to have one, but when it stretched it just didn't work at all, cuz it fit like a size 50, and im a 44/46, lol.
drape cardigans shall make a return now! :slayer:

lol you have a bipolar relationship with clothing. What will next week bring?

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know someone asked this not all that long ago, but where is the page that shows the highest repped posts? I will bookmark it this time, promise. :blush:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is sad that my Korean Joseph Gordon Levitt comment (one of the top-rated of the last day) is my top-rated comment of all time

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Embrace it and revel in its glory while you can.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
pickpackpockpuck is king for the day. may his glorious and merciful reign continue. all hail pickpackpockpuck

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
worship2.gif

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Things are grotesquely expensive.

$750+tax for this beaten, battered turd:

$12,000 for an oversize Scrabble board...

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
LA COUTURE INCISIVA DI YUQING YIN said:

Chinese born designer Yiqing Ying, at the age of 26, has triggered a revolutionin the aesthetic of Haute Couture, through her deeply emotional approach to fashion.

There's a wall that separates a sculptor from a couturier. They both shape raw materials, usetheir hands as a vehicle for creativity, transform an object into a concept, however, they reach different results, the sculptor comes to the works of art, while the couturier to the dress. Sometimes this barrier gets thinner and the two figures start a silent dialogue that blends the disciplines together, creating wonderful hybrids that break every dividing lines. That's the case of Chinese born designer Yiqing Ying, who, at the age of 26, has triggered a revolutionin the aesthetic of Haute Couture, through her deeply emotional approach to fashion. Yin does not sculpts just the clothes, she sculpts the emptiness around the ************, enhancing the grace and the natural sensuality of the female figure. The Chinese born graduate of Paris' Ecole Nationale des Arts Decoratifs has already won many accolades since her graduation in 2009, including the prestigious the Andam Prize for First Collections that leaded to her debut presentation a month later. The most striking of Yin's creations istheir powerful impact upon the soul, producing a sort of aching tenderness, just like the sound of a violin or a harp. The Spring/Summer 2012, her second collection recently presented during Paris Haute Couture, is no exception. In a synthesis of opposites she combines the flowing with the sculpted, caging the liquid draperies that wrap the body like a second skin through staggering 3D designs, obtained by rock crystal embellishments and micro pleating. With a slightly baroque taste, her garments capture the viewer's thoughts for their perturbing beauty, involving him as the masterpieces do.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

we were bored over winter break. she printed out a picture of lindsay lohan's mugshot, then cut it into a stencil, and then placed it on the shirt and painted the image on using the stencil.

cool... now need pix! you've got a nascent cottage industry on your hands... and just think how collectible they'll be when she's... you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads