1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Well, I´m a dsquared2 fan as you all know, and to prove that I tattoed Dean and Dan´s faces on my chest, one in each pec.

[​IMG]

ps: is that you hair right now, thewho? Looks pretty cool. You should keep it that way.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. the shah

the shah Senior member

tattoos are useless

need a pair of spectacles, shaded or clear. please offer suggestions at your convenience. was looking at some dries x lf as well as lf luxe, though I may go with more subtle minimalism from mykita should I find the right pair...nothing like ex-snowman/benes pls :D

3. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

It was really cool, but it was several pains in the ass trying to get it that way—not to mention it really only looked great from the sides and not so much the front—so I stopped trying. Now my hair is just normalcool imo.

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

No tattoos, no piercings. I know, shocking. :foo:

5. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

I don't think I have to tell you which one of your fits you should get tattooed across your back

1 person likes this.
  6. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

This, I grew up in a different culture, still remember my pops telling me if I wanted an earring he would be happy to also buy me the dress. You PC people probably shutter at the thought but yeah it is how it is. If I have a son I wouldn't use this tactic personally but I never felt the need for one. As far as tattoos I saw a pregnant lady once with a tattoo of a "gecko" that looked like a crocodile been put off ever since

1 person likes this.
  7. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

pope, :lol:

8. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

Don't lie, I can tell that a few of you have Prince Alberts.

1 person likes this.
  9. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Haven't ruled that out entirely, but in all likelihood I doubt I'd do it.

But after hockey season is over, I'm gonna take a look into getting me some nip piercings. :slayer:

10. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I see no sarcasm meter, so, for real?? I had piercings a few years ago, simple ones, on both ears. After some months, and because one ear got a little infected, I took them both out.
    In the tattoo department I have like 3 or 4 in mind, all pretty unique I think, but I wouldn´t like getting one until I´m a little bigger/ more cut. Not looking to get huge, but I also don´t want to get anything done while my muscles are changing.

11. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Pretty serious, but I'm not sure I'll actually make it happen. We'll see.

12. wurm

wurm Senior member

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Regarding tattoos/piercings, I don't have either and doubt I ever will, due to a couple things.

1. I find tattoo artists sketchy looking, so don't really trust them
    2. There is no legislation regarding the ink they use, so it could be house paint for all I know.
    3. My taste changes what I liked at 18, 20, 22 etc. isn't the same as I like now at 28.
    4. So many people around here have them, so you almost stand out more without one.
    5. The only design idea I have that I still like after a couple years is a portrait of my granddad on my forearm, but the idea of having sex with him looking at me on my arm freaks me out.

14. jet

jet Senior member

I'd get my nips pierced is that gay? (5)

Going to get a tattoo of my last name in my language's characters (red and yellow ink) across my back from shoulder to shoulder because the font is so sick (7).

Seriously though, I love being the only du in the gym without one. They're so commonplace in socal that like ff said I stand out more without one and let's be honest for most the intent is to stand out with zero sentiment.

The best though is in vegas at the pool when you take off your tank and you're one of the most swole/shredded fools...and you're not inked up. Love that because you're expected to be if you're in that kind of shape.

5 people like this.
  15. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Jet's sexual confusion re nip piercings has officially confirmed my desire to get them. Thanks man.

1 person likes this.
  16. MrXavier

MrXavier Well-Known Member

I think everyone should calm down - this is a place to discuss fashion, thoughts and style - not to spread words of hate and cause arguments.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views however when it comes to personally victimising one person you should consider thinking before you speak... or in this case type.

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

WTF are you talking about?

1 person likes this.
  18. I would only get them if I ever joined the triads.

19. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

if you're gonna do tattoos, do it right. never understood people that have little pictures of things in inconspicuous places. oh, and draw them yourself.

1 person likes this.
  20. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I disagree about what I am perceiving as you saying a tat should be somewhere noticeable. I have the opposite thought on it.

Agree that it should be something you design yourself. But that is not a hard and fast rule.

I'm friends with a guy who is a tattoo artist. I think its regulated in NY, no? Anyway was more so curious about it from an aesthetic perspective. I'm surprised its not a part of more peoples sense of outward display (interacting with their clothes).

Also, my glasses are awesome shah. Forum hate aside. :D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.