1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

hahah :laugh: i want to get some roti with you.
    im pretty sure its chickpea inside of that dough and that is what the roti is.

TO ppl:
    there was this great place called Ernie's at the jane and finch area (shut down now)
    anybody been there? he was a nice guy too, always gave me free food and tropical drinks. prob cuz i was the only white kid their :laugh:

edit: that rive gauche show is so quiet. found it odd that there was no music but i enjoyed hearing the snapping of the cameras :satisfied:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

3. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Someone bought the stupid EG floral I wanted off of yoox. :( Damn my indecision.

In other news, the black/purple mushroom/bunny rabbit gitman print on OC is kind of calling my name. That shit is so cool

4. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

It can be any kind of "stuffing" - aloo being the most common (potato). Those are not roti. Its a pronta or paratha (punjabi/hindu). Roti also just means "food" :)

5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

guys just come to GA, we can have some sweet tea and chicken and waffles and then hit up the appalachian trail and crack open some sweetwater at the summit of blood mountain. afterwards we'll go to cap'n d's or waffle house.

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

7. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I meant it when I said West Indian, as in, West Indies ;)

But yeah I've had lots of things called a roti but this is different than all of the Indian Indian ones I've had, homemade or from a restaurant.

I'll do a Miran style WAYeatingT to celebrate his return the next time I have one

8. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

kind of sounds like a masala dosa to me more so than paratha... but my indian food is awfully rusty. Haven't had any regularly since elementary school, or the late 90s.

9. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

So, I started wondering today, How many pieces/items does a collection usually have? I know not every brand makes the same amount, but just a rough number if anyone knows.
    I´ve noticed that runway shows generally have something like 40-45 looks (some like Dolce&Gabbana or Emporio Armani maybe have 70-80), with 5-6 pieces per look, right? Sometimes it can be less, specially designers who are minimalistic(?), and sometimes you can have up to 10 items per look, or more, if you have a tie, vest, hat, bag, gloves, etc. But when you browse online, besides everything one saw on the runway, you can find many more items from the same collection. So that´s it, anyone knows?

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

I hate how a lot of the things featured on the runway I end up not being able to buy because of what stores get.

this has happened for every boris collection I've liked since fw10

11. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

dosas are south injun deliciousness

o i din't see w. injun

anywaaaaaaaaayz

12. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

[​IMG]

13. colabear

colabear Senior member

Luv Injun food, my fave is chikun tiki musula and that creamed spinach dish

@ tween, have you tried this place curry in a hurry at Lexington

14. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

For something like Topman, fw would be around 200 pieces and spring/summer would be around 160 pieces plus resort/holiday/etc. stuff, different colorways, and so on. Runway-level designers (antwerp six type guys/ up and comers) would be more like 30-110 pieces max for fall and less than that for spring usually. The runway is an approximation of what's actually going to be in stores, definitely subject to change based on the vagaries of larger-scale production and buyer reactions. A lot of the lines we see on the runway also have evergreen pieces available in stores that aren't shown on the runway - think an Ann Demeulemeester feather necklace or some Lanvin sneaks.

15. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I like these
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.