1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

Had a Paul Smith tee shirt once, it was a PS Japan collabo thing with Jeb Loy Nichols, the neo-country singer. Kinda ethno-art in a reverse applique motif, a pretty involved graphic tee for such a rudimentary design. It was mint colored with black inlay, really cool shirt for 10 years ago. I miss that tee :(

2. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Distinguished Member

I thought you would say something like this, and maybe you're right. have to fight the urge to get really pedantic about everything.

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

Just approach things from a variety of theoretical perspectives. Feminism is one lens to view the world, but it's one of a much larger set of analytical tools.

It's sad how many liberal arts majors don't learn that lesson about liberal arts. It's all RAH RAH CRITICAL THEORY EVERYTHING RAH RAH. No...just...no.

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

sizing on NDC boots?

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i've been told tts

6. the shah

I am set on one of two. P&S of course, and not the X10 unless price drops because it's overpriced for fixed-lens and specs are not too dissimilar. I like the 24mm equivalent of the X10 but the LX5 has it as well. All 3 can go to 1cm macro which means once acquired I will begin work on a fabrics closeup threak if it's not already created with a sufficiently not-so-clever pun of a title.

my brothers, i turn to you for advice

:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

Olympus XZ-1 :decisions: Panasonic LX-5

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

look for ideas like me wearing all my scarves at once, including schneider mohairs + alpacas :happy:

-------------------------------------------

unrelated, but while I love schneider, the lookbooks, how others look in it (sup kelv), i find that the offensively meticulous cleanliness of the fits drive me mad, so i cannot bring myself to wear any of it.

perhaps that's why I'm drawn to the BBS take on the SS coat, it is industrialized, destroyed, reassembled though never in the same manner, chemically altered, asymmetrical without following the rules. the dirty grunge ...

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Distinguished Member

that dance video is funky altho' it does remind me of some French tecktonik vids.

this is straight up Batman... wtf?

I like the 1st and 3rd looks particularly. Is this Lanvin?

8. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Distinguished Member

So they're only wearing underwear and pants?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012

9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

O shahanshah, can you please recommend me an easy-to-use, not-too-expensive, bang-for-the-buck point-and-shoot? Mine is so old that most cell phones have nicer cameras, and it only seems to take a crisp picture when the planets are correctly aligned...

10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Distinguished Member

The point-and-shoot with the most bang for your buck:

[​IMG]

11. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Distinguished Member

Shah, x10 isn't fixed lens, it has a 4x optical (manual) zoom. My friend just picked up one and it's really really great. That said, my vote is for the LX-5 for price alone. X10 is overpriced yes but it's still a beast in comparison, so it depends on what you really want to be doing with this camera.

BBS coat is sooo nice I can't stop looking at it whenever it gets posted

12. the shah

define expensive ?

canon s95 is pretty good for the money , with the s100 being released it is steadily dropping in price, can be had for ~ 340 now, creates excellent quality photos and probably the best for anyone other than enthusiast photographers

if you watch amazon, it drops suddenly for short periods of time. it was recently as low as 229 which is absurd for what it is

13. sipang

sipang Distinguished Member

:nodding:

Only six shots though.

Or was it five ?

14. the shah

it's not a beast

and fixed lens i meant not-interchangeable. you can get the sony nex-5n or olympus epm1 for around same price and start using magnificent hardware with a small adapter.
    yeah it has something like 2390584295 different optics but still way too much for what it is

the lx5 specs are not overshadowed ("best in comparison")

x10 is larger and weighs a touch more ...

in fact the 28 – 112 mm of the x10 is not even better than 24 – 90 mm for all but tele but if you doing tele why you getting x10 and not dslr

screen size on the lx5 is larger than the x10

lx5 max shutter speed is 60sec vs x10 only 30sec

exposure of +/3 vs only +/- 2 on x10

basically x10 has slightly higher res, 2mp more sensor, and does better HD video with stereo vs sound
    those are all trivialities because i don't do much video anyway

what i REALLY like about x10 is the built-in optical view finder ...

but i will just get lx5 and one day get leica with OVF (which is basically a panasonic with better engine made in jermany rather than gapan) :happy:

15. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Distinguished Member

My vote was for the Lumix! Really for the reasons (trivialities) you stated at the end of your post but I was eating falafel and typing with one hand so I kept it short and simple and said price. I also kept it simple because I really thought by fixed lens you meant that it didn't have any optical zooming, and that you were thinking of the X100 because the other two cameras you were looking at were fixed lens as well so I thought you were just confused :embar:

but now i know you did your homework

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.