Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

You´re just butthurt ´cause the persian dude got owned by a spartan [​IMG]

Also: where to kop leonidas´ sandals?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Abu Dhabi and Dubai are vastly over-rated in the West. meh.... and certainly lacking the kinds of style we here appreciate.

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

why yes of course ! not abu dhabi tho, dubai. AD is a bit :uhoh: if you ask me

couzin should be finishing up at parsons soon.

tween, i can't introduce you to this one, she family and all dat precious to my heart and very beautiful mA so i gotta watch out

4. Lemurs

Lemurs Member

Quote:
    When has a band reunion ever turned out to be a good thing? I hate to say it, but it's inevitable. I saw DFA 1979's second (?) live show since they got back together and it was a mess.

The Mars Volta was better anyway, once you dug through all the crap they put out to find the gems.

Anyway, my musical interests for a long time have leaned strongly towards the electronic, such as way old Crookers, and MSTRKRFT before the mountains of coke and really obscure guys who did awesome live sets like Don Rimini, which used to be ok to tell people because they'd be like techno? [​IMG][​IMG] ... But now people go Oh so you like Skrillex? and it's somehow worse than when they didn't understand at all.

And now I feel like some cranky aging hipster, but I really just miss going to concerts all the time with people who were really, really into music instead of people wearing neon who use the word 'rage' at least once per sentence. [​IMG]

5. user7

user7 Senior member

The emperor's new clothes:

[​IMG]

Jil Sander coat. $2k.

6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

for the baller bubble wrap addict???

7. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Maybe you'll like Galaxie 500's cover then, it's one of the better ones :)

:thumbs-up:

:nodding: :nodding:

:thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: I think I might like Spirit of Eden more though. But my favorite single Talk Talk track is Renee from the London 1986 live album, strangely enough

parsons girls :inlove: and persian :inlove: :inlove: please please pleeeeaaaase I'll be nothing but a gentleman.

8. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

How good is Parson's for design and can you take classes there while taking classes at another college?

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

Best Galaxie 500 cover ever is the VU's Ride Into the Sun

10. Lemurs

Lemurs Member

11. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I saw DFA twice this summer and they killed it each time. Granted they had already gone around the west coast and were hitting NYC so they might have gotten better at performing together again since their first reunion shows.

The second DFA show was hilarious, they opened for the bawse rick ross. Interesting combo

12. tween_spirit

Ooh look at you going past their formal discography :tinfoil:

I don't think that was performed or recorded with the original members. I actually don't know if I ever would have heard that if it wasn't for the last time I saw Dean play, at Maxwell's in Hoboken.

I met an old couple there and they were recording the show, so I asked them about it and they said they've been following the band since 89 and recording all their shows :slayer:

So she gave me her email and I emailed her my address and she sent me a DVD with a bunch of recordings going back to the G500 days, but one of them was Dean and Britta and they played that VU track

This is her website, she has an insane collection :fu:

Edit: I think I might have posted about that show here, because I met and chatted with Eric Mabius and he told me he was working on a movie with Parker Posey. He was wearing Diemmes and told me he liked my vintage hiking boots

Last edit: their real best cover is Cheese and Onions (The Rutles)

13. APK

APK Senior member

Please. I won't begrudge SW&D regulars the right to talk about music and such, but this thread digresses far more often than it used to.

14. Lemurs

Lemurs Member

Quote:
    This was day 2 or 3 of a music festival and I was strung out on all sorts of things and wanted to go see Nero and was sort of agitated by the yelling, lol. But I remember they'd opened their first show a few days before on the west coast and hadn't been well-received, so maybe they did get their shit together.

It was kinda odd actually, I saw DFA for like 30 minutes then that night he did another set, but for MSTRKRFT. Literally the most coked-out show I've ever experienced. It was sirens and such for two hours at about 135 BPM. Someone at the front of the tent had a beach umbrella, not a portable one but one of those huge 10-foot in diameter ones they have at restaurants and they fist pumped it up and down for the entire set. Someone else had a gallon container cut in half on a ten-foot pole filled with what looked like urine.

15. tween_spirit

Ok, to balance things out - I had to help one of my newer neighbors with something tonight, and I was wearing my fuzzy phillip lim pants. she paused to ask me if I work in #menswear, and I had to say no :(

And she said she's a buyer for Gilt and told me to come hang out with some people tomorrow. Maybe I'll see if anyone is interested in helping out with postmenswearism.com :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.