Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I'm wearing a light blue OCBU shirt with AA salt and pepper hoodie and purple cords today, looks legit.

2. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

If you're wearing a hoodie, you wear a t shirt under it. If you're wearing a button up shirt, you don't wear a hoodie. How are these truths not self-evident?

rlbl models wear dress shirts with hoodies so its legit.... anything is as long as ralph does it.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Generalizations are all retarded.

4. Meis

Meis Senior member

I'm wearing a light blue OCBU shirt with AA salt and pepper hoodie and purple cords today, looks legit.

+1 I've worn a blue oxford under a grey hoodie before...looks just fine.

OCBU=OCBD?

5. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

^^button up collar, don't care for button downs most of the time

6. Desi

Desi Senior member

fff i think the h&m bag i wanted only comes in brown, but the preview pic looked black ...

[​IMG]

fml

black may have been better but I like it anyway. the suede tote looks much better than I suspected too.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Gonna have to agree with no button ups under most hoodies looks retarded.

It amazes me how people will buy anything if it's cheap enough.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Generalizations are all retarded.

I see what you did there?

9. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

edit: in retrospect just ignore me and the last thing i said. medical conditions and medical solutions don't lead to good posting.
    This is along the lines of, "You can only wear white jeans before Labor Day". Please, return to GQ whence you came.
    I don't think it's along those lines as I think there are valid aesthetic issues. To me the vibes of the two things are just so far from each other and the way fleece falls on a buttonup shirt and the way it pulls it usually messes things up in my mind However I just like talking in hyperbole, it can definitely be done well but I was just pissed at this kind of thing and how often hoodie over button up turns into stuff bad in this same vein but (not usually asbad): [​IMG] It's possible to do well but it's one of those expert level things that goes so wrong when it's some guy new at clothes throwing a w&h over his boo. I've seen some japanese dudes in blue ocbds and heather gray sweatshirts and it works, and now that I'm thinking about it I think I've seen you in a fit where it worked. If its obviously a lux hoodie not made of an obviously "knockabout" fleece type material then it can work. So overall, generalizing is dumb and was dumb of me, but this is just something I think is expert level, not like putting a normal sweater over a shirt or a hoodie over a t-shirt. And in conclusion I should probably not post on pain meds because I say dumb things then type a bunch of words later when I realize I was dumb.

10. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

lol that hoodie is just way too small... should be an example of "slim" does not mean "tight"

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Hoodies are just one of those things I can't stand, I like nyr but the casual tie needs to be lost and hoodie replaced with some kind of wool coat.

12. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

13. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

lol that hoodie is just way too small... should be an example of "slim" does not mean "tight"

Yeah that shortness is actually more the problem than what I was complaining about, I got chemically impaired judgement right now. Continual prescriptions for vicodin make life fun but perpetually embarassing because it leads me to post on messageboards more without anything intelligent to say.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

hoodies + a tee + vans are perfect to bum around in if you're in high school

word up

15. snake

snake Senior member

I see so many people around town cuffing their ill fitting jeans I hardly cuff anymore myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.