1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Pretty much every outfit that includes a tie could potentially look better without one. It's one of these things where you have to ask the question before you decide to wear it cause it might just be too much.

I don't think I wore a tie in 2009, maybe once with a matching Thom Browne suit.

2. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

I'm giving myself a crash course on knit design this week [​IMG] Need some handknit sweaters... want a Nordic or Fair Isle and my TOJ oxford shirts to wear under my fur collared brown Bomber with insulated lining, some new crispy raw jeans to hold a crisp cuff, and a good pair of boots to take me through the next few months of winter.
    TOJ fairisle and nordic knits would be the shit.
    ^Even a black one?

Unrelated:
    Sometimes I'm amazed at how so many guys balk at 'working' on a garment to get it to fit just right. I'm thinking of the "will this t shirt shrink?!?"-type questions, or paying someone to replace buttons.

Word. I never feel like a shirt or pair of pants is mine until I've busted a button or two and sewn it back on myself.

3. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Even though we might lose a couple nice looks in the cull, I feel that men's fashion would be overall better if all ties suddenly disappeared forever and were never made again. That's just me though.
    [​IMG] Agreed, if it doesn't serve a function "clip it". In advance of disagreement aesthetics/form is not function.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

[​IMG] Agreed, if it doesn't serve a function "clip it". In advance of disagreement aesthetics/form is not function.

Yeah it's mostly a marriage/funeral thing for me, very few exceptions aside. I just like dress shirt better when they're not burdened by a tie.

5. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Only time I wear a tie is in an MC setting. I don't want to be strangled otherwise.

6. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

to clarify, i dont advocate wearing a tie without a coat to look cool. only when a dress code requires a tie. if it doesnt require a coat im not wearing one unless its winter. fuck a coat in the coastal texas summer. id rather not have everyones approval than sweat like a pig

7. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

most professions that require a tie but no sportcoat are blue collar

8. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

...whats your point? is that supposed to be some kind of underhanded insult?

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

coat != jacket

that said i've never even worn a tie

10. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

and ive never worn makeup...im kidding uncontrol. no need to start a makeup debate

11. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

and ive never worn makeup...im kidding uncontrol. no need to start a makeup debate

good story

12. robin

robin Senior member

Mafia boss number 2 arrested in Italy... wearing a moncler down jacket. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

Andyliu this, just like your purchases, makes no sense.

14. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

ugh i bought a rlbl leather that was so expensive and i cant decide whether or not to keep it ><

thats my only purchase recently that doesnt make sense

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Andyliu this, just like your purchases, makes no sense.

he's my alt account

16. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

he's my alt account

I would have figured your alt account is Mr. Moo actually.

17. Eason

Eason Senior member

You love horizontally tight stuff, just imagine short sleeves are like tightness but vertical!

I like the way you don't think. [​IMG]

18. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Pretty much every outfit that includes a tie could potentially look better without one. It's one of these things where you have to ask the question before you decide to wear it cause it might just be too much. I don't think I wore a tie in 2009, maybe once with a matching Thom Browne suit.
    Uh, no. Black Tie, White Tie, and any suit. Then again, if you're matching a suit with a tie....... Random thought: I kind of get the feeling that less than half the people here actually know how to dress, the rest just make stupid threads about what matches what and which item SF prefers.

19. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I would have figured your alt account is Mr. Moo actually.

nope, moo is a bizarre, actual person

20. snake

snake Senior member

Went in for my yearly physical today... My physician had on a forest green bd, a red snowman tie, and a pair of khaki dockers. ugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.