• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
who bought the schneider giant scarf wrap blanket from project8 -- I had great plans :plain:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
i dont pay attention to womens margiela but is it always this great?
first comforter cape is dope! unisex, perhaps??

Women's margiela tends to be really good, at least from the last couple seasons. These are from the season before (ss12): (clicky)

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:devil:

not kidding

kidding

you can have first dibs on my ute blanket scarf if i dont find good use for it :eek:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the appeal of schneider?  SF seems nuts over it but I can't tell why from pics (aside from a couple cool-looking coats).

That sums up Schneider in a nut shell. You really need to see it in person to appreciate the love. Fabrics are the biggest draw. Check out his winter coats this year for instance. It's basically two pieces in one: coat and a knit.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does one explain the appeal of anything? If it doesn't appeal to you, then it's just not for you. It's like arguments over why a woman is attractive to some and not others... these go nowhere.

I am personally now a huge fan of Schneider - I like the color palettes, the texture mix, the knits, the quality of materials, the silhouettes....

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
price point is competitive. fairly easy to wear
colourblocking patterns are dope :slayer:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
How does one explain the appeal of anything? If it doesn't appeal to you, then it's just not for you. It's like arguments over why a woman is attractive to some and not others... these go nowhere.
I am personally now a huge fan of Schneider - I like the color palettes, the texture mix, the knits, the quality of materials, the silhouettes....

Not really what I meant. I haven't seen it in person, so I was assuming there was something really nice about it that can't be gleaned from a picture. Sort of like how most Margiela stuff looks pretty boring in photos but is great in the flesh.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree with tonio - I think SS looks great in pictures already. The look book photos are very appealing to me - they were before I touched a piece

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His custom textiles are really something you have to handle in person to truly appreciate.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That might be what KingJulien wasn't aware of. Whereas a lot of designers will find textiles they like and design from there, Schneider generally (always?) begins by designing the textile itself.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I disagree with tonio - I think SS looks great in pictures already. The look book photos are very appealing to me - they were before I touched a piece

I meant in photos taken by most online retailers (i.e. Gravity Pope, Opening Ceremony). The lookbook and site show them well, but for the most part, most of the online pictures I see are in terrible lighting and/or fail to show close ups of the fabrics, which is the SS bread and butter. Southwillard takes SS pictures right.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I meant in photos taken by most online retailers (i.e. Gravity Pope, Opening Ceremony). The lookbook and site show them well, but for the most part, most of the online pictures I see are in terrible lighting and/or fail to show close ups of the fabrics, which is the SS bread and butter. Southwillard takes SS pictures right.

I agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads