1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

Get a special lady friend, dress her up in Schneider and watch A Town Called Panic, sipsang

Castaway on the Moon is a good Korean movie, pretty and good stylez as well.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

2. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I haven't been keeping too current either, for what its worth I liked Turin's horse and Breaking bad (tv series). Otherwise watch stuff by Werner Schroeter or Arnaud des Pallières cause its fun.

Here's a short des Pallières made:

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Distinguished Member

Scratch this, new season of Sons of Anarchy was just added :slayer::slayer::slayer:

4. KingJulien

KingJulien Distinguished Member

For those of you that have owned a really nice dress-type shirt for awhile, is the lifespan on them any longer than something like brooks brothers? Or is your money going elsewhere? I'm more than willing to pay more for better-designed clothing in areas other than quality but I'm just curious what the $/wear ratio is like.

Mostly because I just spent $145 on a mmm shirt and I'm trying to justify the purchase to my brain.

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

Nothing lasts longer than Brooks Bros., I have five shirts I've been cycling every day for two years now and they're still in great shape

There's other reasons to buy not to buy Brooks Bros, but longevity isn't one of them

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

late pass on violent foreign films but sin nombre was good. its about a south american gang member trying to escape to mexico

7. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Distinguished Member

This movie was really cute :)

8. Biggen

Biggen Senior Member

Looks interesting, but there isn't much out there that beats Old Boy when it comes to violent foreign films.

9. KingJulien

KingJulien Distinguished Member

Quote:
    Yeah I can't imagine BB shirts looking good in any way on me. I might keep the shirt anyway, but it becomes a much easier decision when I can think of it as an investment or something, as opposed to paying for style.

10. 1969

1969 Distinguished Member

when's the last time a shirt just "gave out" on you? I spill shit on mine, tear them or lose buttons but I have yet to break one. anyways you're talking about two different things in my mind...price to quality and 'designer' vs brooks brothers (for example).

11. bows1

bows1 Distinguished Member

There is so much that beats Oldboy, but to even recommend the dubbed version is heresy. (We were talking about Netflix Instant, still don't know why they don't just put up the subtitled.

12. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Distinguished Member

Saw this in theatres last winter. Good soundtrack and some very cool visuals, though pretty uneven as a piece of storytelling. On the whole it was enjoyable, though it might not hold up so well on a smaller screen.

13. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

There are a lot of flicks even in Korea that are a lot more violent than Oldboy :eek: I Saw the Devil and The Chaser come to mind. or if you prefer a Japanese flick, there's always Audition...and god knows what else......

14. sipang

sipang Distinguished Member

Old Boy is pretty tame though.

edit: late

I don't have Netflix WI but I probably have access to the same content more or less, saw True Grit but I should rewatch Blade Runner indeed.

Done and done : ). I used to watch A Town Called Panic on tv a couple years ago, haven't seen the film actually. I'll check Castaway on the Moon, looks interesting.

Yeah, I need to watch Turin's horse. Funny, Disneyland mon vieux pays natal is the first thing that popped into my head when you mentionned des Pallières, I've seen it a while ago but I remember finding it captivating. I love the way des Pallières turns what was originally a banal commission into this kind of film essay full of sadness and melancholy, I also love how you could watch and download the film on the Eurodisney website at some point (it's been shut down now but that where I got my copy), pretty sure no one there bothered watching it before putting it online : lol: . The work on the sound track is fantastic too.

Have you seen Drancy Avenir ?

Not familiar with Schroeter at all so I'll check that out, thanks.

Curious to see where they're going next season, it's been dragging a bit

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to watch that one for a while, it's the one with the train right ?

Thanks everyone :)

15. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Distinguished Member

I've considered doing this over and over and never really follow through, not because I like meat so much, but because I don't know how to cook enough veg entrees. What sort of stuff have you been making?

Also, just reading this and finding it kinda funny: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jan/07/punk-fashion-sex-pistols. Long live Richard Hell.

Edit: Johnny Rotten never disappoints: "John Lydon – Johnny Rotten – the Sex Pistols' frontman, is financing his next album using money he raised by promoting butter in TV ads. "It is important to realise that in all the years I have been in the music industry the only people that treated me with any real respect was a butter manufacturer," he said."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.