Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

This is surprising. Depending on how much I'm out and about I probably see some iteration of Rick sneakers at least once a week. And it's not like I walk with my head to the ground staring at peoples feet only. I guess maybe I just pay too much attention to clothing these days :embar:

And yeah, the Margiela stitches are kind of cool as far as visible branding goes

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

2. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

3. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Free clothes.

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Hey DLester

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

It's totally possible that I just don't notice them 90% of the time. Sneakers aren't really on my radar. Now that I think of it, I can only remember seeing CPs twice and I don't remember ever seeing GATs out in public, but that hardly seems likely in NYC. And I pay attention to clothes too.

6. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Food Talk: Put a pork shoulder in the slow cooker this morning before work. Going to be in there for 10 hrs total. Can't wait to get home :slayer:

7. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Oh man, that sounds so good. If you're ever looking for a recipe to try, check this out: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/asian-glazed-pork-shoulder. I make it in a pressure cooker so it's quick, but I bet it would be amazing in a slow cooker. I generally cut down on the sugar it calls for a little bit because I don't like it too sweet, but that's just my preference.

8. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

awesome, how did you prep it?

I used to make a lot of BBQ pulled pork in the summertime (cooked over a bed of sweet onions and homemade root beer) and a similar recipe to what pickpocket posted in the winter in my slow cooker. I miss it so much, maybe I'll find room in this tiny apartment for one again.

9. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I didn't really prep too much. Rubbed it down with sea salt, pepper, and marjoram, and another spice Im forgetting, had a beef broth and red wine sauce base with tons of garlic and onions. Just threw it together this morning and hoping for the best! Should be good

10. the shah

what a waste of such wonderful spices :cry:

11. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I have boxes and boxes of spices and never get a chance to cook. Might as well use them somewhere!

I have like 4 bags of your favorite cardamom as well, 2 whole grain and 2 ground. What SHOULD I use them for?

12. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Miran has left an indelible mark on SF, it would seem

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Would love to hear good pork recipes.

Also I'm doing a vegetarian month as a personal challenge and learning experience, on day 9. It's hard.

14. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Think we saw the same guy. Also the only time I've seen it.

15. the shah

well of course if you like it you should do it :) there are two great threads that, when subscriptions SF was working, were always at the top on my front page -- mis en place, and what are you eating. iammatt is a wizard, and his minimalist plating is absurdly awesome. i used a recipe for making fries i read there, holymoly ....

cardamom is not my favorite spice, but i do use it. i prefer grinding as needed, though i ended up using some pre-ground when i ran out during séjour in desert recently.

that artisanal iced cream truck that drives around was offering cardamom flavor, it wasn't bad.

do you also like chocolates ? i think we should add Kee's chocolates to our SFamily trip. Although to be quite honest I found her saffron bonbons offensive, she tried to explain how they were of superior Spanish quality. I told her my contacts in saffron import/export cut the worst kind for sending to European stockists who mixed with garbage hay-like strands that grow locally and sell as premium Euro saffron. She said she'd make me a special batch if I brought some samples of the golden red exotics, but alas, I could not return in time. And the saffron was worth more than the chocolates she was going to make them into anyway !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.