Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teger

Teger Senior member

you should let me post on your parody blog tween

2. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Of course, and this goes for anyone else too :)

Still need to finish getting it set up but I wanted to work on a little content first so it starts with something

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I really like this place, especially since I generally prefer soba to ramen. I've never gone on a weekend, but during the week I've never had to wait.

How to Rufie Unsuspecting Girls at Parties
    Unabashedly WASP

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

You guys should've gone to Matsugen when you had it in NYC, there is one here near my house in Tokyo and it is really great. The soba is good and you can choose the way you want the noodles made, the sides and small plates are good, grilled dishes, and it's not too expensive. I hate ramen, but I enjoy eating soba.

5. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

looking to get some mtm shirts made, no worthwhile local options though.

what web mtm shirt makers (like cottonwork/moderntailor/etc.) would you guys recommend?

6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    What's wrong with the 1995 line? I have a '95 dress shirt and it's pretty nice (was only like $60, too). I admit I've never seen anything from the line aside from basics that I'd actually want but the quality is there from my limited experience with it.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

Why is it so fucking hard to find a good tailor? I thought I had one until I realized he's cuffed a pair of trouser legs at two different lengths. :fu:

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

cheap shirt to make a dickie with? i dont think the snowman is meant to layer :eek: i cant overheat ya know

9. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

When did you have it done? My mom's shop in boondocks GA gets super busy around Christmas and New Year's, so I wouldn't write him off if you had it done around that time. No real excuse though, and he should fix it for free or reimburse you if it's too jeffed up.

10. aether

aether Senior member

late pass but 25 years young here!

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

I had it done last week. He requested a week to get it done, and they weren't done when I showed up. So, I hung around the city for a few hours while he did the job. I only get to the city once each week, so I will probably just take them to a local seamstress to have them fixed. I had the same tailor take in a jacket, and he didn't quite do it as I requested. It just seems like every tailor I've tried rushes through the work.

p.s.- I am 38. I bet you all thought I was 45.

12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I couldn't agree w/ this sentiment any more... there seems to be a very myopic view of who can/should wear what in certain forums and circles. wearing modern and challenging clothing is not only for the young... it depends on the individual's characteristics, attitude and aesthetic.

13. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Back to the age thing, and hopefully some others in cities can chime in on this, but this is something I keep meaning to post but never get around to.

For every young guy I see in Rick sneakers, which is pretty often, I see probably at least 2 men 45+ wearing them, and they don't really wear them the same way the younger guys do.

Like yeah I see some kids around town with either buzzed heads or very long hair with drapey tanks and drop crotch shorts and the sneakers, or with a leather like is popular on here, but when the older guys do it they do it different.

Sometimes it's some slimmer dark dark grey jeans or trousers and a long black or dark dark grey overcoat, shit like that. Typically darker colors of course but not so much "goth ninja" as "normal adult in new york but his clothes have a little more character in the way of unfinished seams or textures or materials. Hard to explain.

This guy that Shah posts occasionally is exactly like the type of guy I normally see wearing them. either salt and pepper or white hair, usually some kind of beard, but with clothes slightly less aggressive than this.

[​IMG]

Anybody else notice this about Rick dunks?

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

ive never seen ricks irl :violin: but i like that description regarding the overcoat and ricks

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

the US in general is much more sartorially conservative than say Europe or Asia. I think men usually fall into the uniform mentality so as not to be overtly noticed or perhaps ridiculed for atypical choices. It takes an assured and confidant man to push the envelope of typical conventions of dress and to own his stylistic choices regardless of others'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.