1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

+1.

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

3. sipang

sipang Distinguished Member

subscription is lame

4. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

my main grievance with subscriptions was that it kept me confined within the site; I was only checking the threads that I was interested in and it killed my participation in those little threads that pop up. I wouldn't venture through the site because the main page was basically just a recycling of what I had already participated in. Having each individual forum on the front page allows for users to see threads that catch their attention in areas of the forum that they would not normally go.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

What if I just want to participate on those threads I am subscribed to? What if I don't want to sift through countless, useless threads that doesn't interest me?

6. oneeightyseven

that seems like a boring and crappy way to browse

7. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

I don't see it that way. I don't need to see people talking about JCrew or Desert Boots or asking how to size APC. If I want to branch of the other discussions, I'll take the extra step and go to the respective forums but to the threads I post on regularly that gets buried at times, I rather have it on my front page for easy access.

8. oneeightyseven

see I'm on the opposite end. I miss out on the random (whether it be funny i.e DT, or short-lived threads that do not warrant a subscription) that I would only see pop up in the forum overview. To me, subscriptions page was essentially perpetuating the same set of ideas and notions over and over without anything new and I kinda hated it. What made it worse was that I post primarily from my phone and to see the forum overview was such a tedious task of double clicking and mistapping that I rarely ever saw it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

9. oneeightyseven

10. aether

aether Distinguished Member

omg, my life is complete. the last MA-1...

[​IMG]

11. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Honestly, if the main page is updated right away, that will get buried right away anyways with all the other posts in this forum. You'll likely see more dumb and stupid thread from DT than more interesting ones as such.

Either way, we are on the opposite ends here. There are forums that I do not visit like DT or H&B and threads from those popping up on my main page is just a waste of space. Like I said, if I'm in the mood to see interesting discussions, I'll search for it and go through the forums I feel like reading.

12. worakl

worakl Senior Member

^^^ Subscribed.

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Look, I just want to play beer pong and drink 40's of OE while being fashunz and listening to trashy music, OK? Is that too much to ask?

14. aether

aether Distinguished Member

this. plus wtf, for some reason sending PM's is not working. I hit submit it and it's as if nothing was sent.

15. APK

APK Distinguished Member

You guys can still get to your subscriptions by clicking the "live" tab above the list of hoarding and Saab threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.