Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Apparently the 30% off first time thing no longer works on forward. :(

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

did they tell you that ?? good thing i used my 2nd first time discount not long ago

3. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Yeah, I was going to buy some stuff that was marked down on forward and was wondering if it stacked (yes), but she said that the code is "no longer valid for that site" and works on revolve only.

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

He has a leather that use to be on blackbird that looked like a morphing of a high collar and mollino.

His shirts on blackbird look exactly like a rick rayon/silk blend long t.

saw some blanket coat in AW11 that looks like the rick one, its just less structured and more drapey

lots of dropcrotch pants/wrap cardigans/leather sleeve denim jackets that don't seem much different design wise.

[​IMG]

reminds me of a rick samurai

tbh, its not just rick, just seems like a lot of the stuff is just rehashes of shit. And his aesthetic vision is kinda boring, just related to black metal and biker stuff.

stick to geller, you look good in it anyways.

5. dinogj

dinogj Senior member

incoming rant:

I recently saw that Blackbird is selling vintage sweatshirts. I noticed the example sweatshirt displays a prominent and still very active fraternity's letters.

Being in a fraternity myself I would go out of my way to introduce myself to anybody else wearing my letters. This would lead to an interesting situation as the proper procedure (with my fraternity as with many others) is to ask that the letters be removed immediately should the wearer not be a member of the organization.

It sounds douchey I know, but those letters are earned and I feel like its kind of shaky ground selling items that still hold social meaning and weight. Its similar in concept to someone wearing military medals they found at a thrift store. To the general population it doesn't mean much and they wont think about it, but come across someone who was involved and it is almost a disrespect to the process.

I came across someone wearing my letters who found them in a thrift store and man was it awkward when he had to admit he wasn't in the organization.

rant over

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

how are those letters earned ? you paid a lot to have friends and letters :eh:

you can earn 3 more letters buymysneakers they are R, A, and F :teach:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

7. bows1

bows1 Senior member

frats

edit - dude the hazing was so hard. But once I earned them I got to haze others! Frat on, you are a true frats-man

edit - one time i woke up and my girl had put on my frat tee with my letters on it. Well I asked her to remove it immediately cause she hadn't earned it and i hadn't lavaliered her yet! She didnt So obviously I slapped her, cause ya know, frats.

8. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

hi I'm dinogj and I compare being a frat member to being a decorated armed service member.

9. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I set fire to any Kiwanis Club and Lions Club and Elks Club apparel I may find in thrift stores immediately and with passion.

Those nylon jackets and Anvil tees have to be earned.

10. bows1

bows1 Senior member

PS I don't see any letters, just a shirt that says Sigma Chi, without the ∑X. P sure you can wear it spelled out but not the greek letters. U r dumb

11. APK

APK Senior member

The other day, I was in this five and dime and came across this guy wearing camo pants. It was awkward when he had to admit he wasn't in the Corps. I told him that every soldier, sailor, airman, and marine that saw him in those would think he was a jackass.

12. dinogj

dinogj Senior member

Haters gonna hate
    :cool:

This was more of a commentary on seeing somebody on the street representing something they are not a part of. Of course military medals hold more weight than fraternity letters. And who cares if my "slampiece" puts em on in the "fratcastle". I think your all confusing movies and TFM for what actual people do. I didn't expect anyone to understand =/.
    This is like trying to explain buying common projects or painted GATs to normal people.

13. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Please link to sweat shirt containing letters still can't find it

14. Desi

Desi Senior member

Well it was at a thrift store.

on topic (sorts): I hate those Harvard/Princeton/Yale tees and VT sweatshirts you can buy at UO or Forever 21. Thrift I don't care about but boy is it strange folding a bunch of Yale tees when you have that 2.983 GPA....

15. superego

superego Senior member

Nah, I saw the shirt he was talking about at Blackbird too...not sure who would actually buy it since most folks not in a frat have feelings similar to bows and those that are wouldn't likely wear another house's letters...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.