Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teger

Teger Senior member

how is this insulting me? i'm 6'1 so.... you're saying I'm short... and...?

try again bro.

2. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

What annoys me is when they say that, and what they mean is that they're gonna stack shipping and fees on top of what they paid, making their net loss absolutely zero. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be willing to eat a few bucks to try something out. And if this was the norm then the price would go up every time the item changes hands.
    Still not as annoying as selling something and seeing it relisted later for twice as much :cloud:

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

has anyone ever bought from gilt taste? I was bored and checking it out earlier.. and jesus the prices are really, really, really high. Why would I pay $200 for 2 lbs of steak... when I could go to a steakhouse and buy an equivalent cut of meat with a meal and wine cheaper?

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

You guys really hold it against someone trying to get back exactly what they paid, inc shipping? Weird market forces

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Yeah, this doesn't bug me. I think I've done basically the same thing before. :embar:

Pretty sure I've eaten at least a little bit of a loss on just about everything I've sold, but there's a big difference between bumping the price a little to cover the cost of shipping when something doesn't fit vs. buying an item specifically so you can flip it for a profit.

6. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I guess my point simply tied to what melon said, i.e. "I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be willing to eat a few bucks to try something out". Also, I don't see the sense in advertising the fact you don't intend to lose a dime on a bad purchase. And saying "just trying to get back what I paid" could also be viewed as saying "For sale: this w+h looked like shit on me and I got it on final sale. And hey, I'm not even going to mark it up past what I bought it for". I think it's the 'just' word that throws it off for me. Should say, "I would be grateful to get back for this item what I paid for it".

surprisingly complex I see in trying to sit down and write my thoughts on, but for whatever reason, its always rubbed me the wrong way. Not happy with how the paragraph above reads but I'm sure some are on board with what I'm saying.

edit; and saying "I am trying to recoup my costs" would also be more tactful

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  7. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I have stopped using B&S since the change-over, but under the old system, you had to drop the price to bump, so even if someone's initial asking price was more than what they paid, typically by the time it actually sold they would have bumped a few times and the price would have fallen.

8. sipang

sipang Senior member

Seriously wtf, entitlement much ? I like cheap shit too but I'm not gonna get pissed at people for trying to recoup their losses.

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

If Balenciaga collections were as hyped here as SS I'm sure a thread could exist. IMHO these labels suck hard right now (If I see another bitch wearing that Givenchy Rotweiller sweater I'll go ballistic) but that never stopped people from acquired plenty of their stupid garments, I mean look at the MR Porter fascination and the crap that gets bought.

10. Fuuma

She just left (december 2011).

11. Fuuma

There is a wooyoungmi store in Paris, call them...

I should start a thread called "Fuuma answers your stupid fashion questions" (5).

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  12. APK

APK Senior member

How is that much different than saying you're just trying to get what you paid for it?

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Might as well get in while the gettin's good.

Did you ever find that pair of black side-zip boots you were looking for?

14. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

:satisfied:

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.