Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

shoreman on a roll :D

2. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

In celebration of snake's birthday and snow's generosity as well as the holiday spirit I will take $50 off anything in my sig as well, today only!

Happy birthday snake!

3. APK

APK Senior member

In celebration of snake's birthday and snow's generosity as well as the holiday spirit I will ask you to buy anything in my sig as well, at full price, today only!

Happy birthday snake!

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Why can't brands maintain consistent sizing? How does a Bleu de Paname coat fit me in a large with a bit of room to spare yet the overshirt that arrived today also in a large measure up about 4" too small? :(

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

has anyone (not sure if its in the usa) been to the store aritzia?

was doing some xmas shopping and was impressed by some of the other in-house lines they carry besides TNA. silk/crepe/chiffon shirts, drop crotch silky pants...etc

told the sa that theres not anything like this for men and she recommended jack and jones :uhoh:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

This is also related to whatever123's comment about designers being able to make stuff just because some other designer brand makes stuff- you guys gotta realize that those name brand designers don't actually design anything, right? They hire lots of talented kids and often task them with different work, and factories often have their own in-house patternmakers and graders. In these kinds of situations, could just as easily slap a different tag on the piece and call it something else.

7. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I get what you're saying, but it's as bad with small operations as the big guys.

8. impolyt_one

it'd take immense control, pretty much one mind, to make a whole line of clothes that fit spot on per tag size, regardless of style. And then on top of that, it'd be constant maintenance work, as most stuff gets repatterned constantly..... on the other hand, there is a general ballpark and textbook set of measurements for a given style of garment that designers can fall back on. THey usually don't because that info would be outdated and the fit would look as much.

9. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

My research lab director has 6 undergoing researches and she hasn't been in her office for last 6 weeks :embar: All done by the unpaid college underlings but her name gets to be on the first place

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Yes. Prospero's Books. It's unbelievable. John Gielgud as Prospero, and it features the most incredible opening sequence of maybe any movie ever. It is seriously fantastical, though, and also a serious WTF movie for the first half, at least. The masqued spirits ball is incredible, however, and Caliban is otherworldly-amazing. The film has some of the most incredible costume and set design I've ever seen.

The tempest is my favorite play, and the magus is my favorite book, and this film is the only one I've seen that I enjoyed.

I'll risk showing the video here, but it's not as good when it's not big (once the music starts is when it really comes alive; the film has an amazing soundtrack):

WARNING: MAY BE NSFW

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Oh, and Zissou; don't watch it with your little daughter. There are perhaps more naked people in this film than any I've ever seen.

I really hate Romeo and Juliet, but I do have a soft spot for Baz Luhrman's film version, despite the actors. It makes much more sense to me than the play, because it all plays out like one gigantic drug trip. If you haven't seen it, you should check it, for cinematography alone (pretty much the only reason to watch)

11. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I don't get the censorship in this kind of movies.
    I have a dozen VHS of Shakespears but my parents threw away the machine to play them so I'm pretty much screwed :confused:
    Do they have the old recordings in DVD at all or is it that my college library sucks in their selections?

12. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I think that there's a massive collectors editino DVD of Prospero's books...(or you can torrent)

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

just introduced coworkers and boss to MTM shirts (cottonwork, blank label, modern tailor etc.) and Suddenlee, opened up pandora box?

14. impolyt_one

about 8 years into the game they will say, 'man, wouldn't it be great if all clothes came MTM - like casual leather jackets or something, for example?' :fu:

15. APK

APK Senior member

My brother just got home for Christmas. He brought me a bag filled with Uniqlo socks and underwear. Best and most needed gift this Christmas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.