1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sipang

sipang Distinguished Member

Man, I shouldn't have googled Mountain Research, more unaccessible greatness there :confused:

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

What exactly are they researching re: the mountain?

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

Are those figurines still available? must cop. Who else wants a set?

4. conceptionist

conceptionist Distinguished Member

Been thinking about incorporating different styles lately.
    I really like the aesthetic of designers like MMM and DVN and slim, clean cuts.
    I am not very crazy on color and mostly wear shades of navy, brown, grey and soem neutrals, maybe some white, burgundy and army green.

On the other hand, I love the japanese workwear/americana stuff like EG, Nepenthes, LVC and so on. Not too extreme on this though. Don't want to look like a miner.
    I also dig Junya Watanabe, Visvim, Sophnet, Undercover and White Mounteneering. This style is of course pretty different from the first, and can be a bit more crazy and weird with fits.

However, do you think it's possible to merge these styles into a coherent look?
    Just thinking about future purchases.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

Junya is tougher than the rest to put into looks, especially if you're buying the worthwhile JW pieces, and not just the detritus. A lot of details on the clothes tend to distract people from the basic fit and the look. Junya is easy to do, but hard to do well, have not seen many people do that.

the other thing is that CDG, people are very serious about it lately and want to mix it up as high fashion clothing and shit, whereas CDG is supposed to be very fun, cheeky stuff. In some places the sales assistants will put on an attitude and act pretty high and mighty because they're standing in front of a wall full of Junya Watanabe - but really, it's not supposed to be like that. In Tokyo the SA's are senior citizens and act like they probably took a few too many acid trips in the 70's. I was just at CDG the other day and the lady who rang me up was probably 65, had white hair with purple streaks in it, and was in head to toe Junya, it's supposed to be fun and funky. Tokyo eccentricity, not 'can I wear these Margiela GATs with this Junya and Stephan Schneider?'

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

Wear what you feel good in, dont worry so much about having a "look"
    I go from wearing Rick, guidi, and ann one day to Nonnative, flathead, and visvim the next day
    You can find pieces that go alright together, too

wore this today, I don't think its a bad look despite the brands being COMPLETELY incongruous

[​IMG]

Cdg
    geller
    Rick
    visvim
    Margiela GATS (taken off)

7. conceptionist

Yeah, that is pretty much the feeling I've got from it as well. The styles and aesthetics kind of contradict each other. That's why I wondered if it's actually possible to rock both and still not look like I've only hand picked pieces that are great in their own but don't blend into the style. Still gonna try though. Maybe not Junya (can't afford it. I'm a student), but the EG and Nepenthes pieces that not overly detailed. I tend to like those most anyway.
    Thank for the input!

8. conceptionist

Actually not really looking for getting a "look". You can come off as pretentious if you approach clothing like that according to me. Still, nobody wants to look weird and some clothes just don't look good together, no matter how great they are by their own.
    Now that I see your picture, I see that it's totally possible to mix these styles. In fact, your fit is exactly what I like and I could definitely see myself wear the same stuff.
    Thanks.

9. Lane

Lane Distinguished Member

nah, that shirt is long but not a skirt/rick

lol this is creepy, im not in NYC anymore

10. Desi

Desi Distinguished Member

^^your pretentious.

edit: don't correct me!!

11. Lane

Lane Distinguished Member

hmm, speaking of my NYC trip I bet the designer of In Aische. Dunno if peeps know the brand here.

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

when you posted about the jacket on the site you revealed your name :devil:

13. islandja

islandja New Member

Gaezd.com is scam website. i ordered a romper from them that was sold out at revolveclothing and i never received it. they dont have any phone number only an gmail email address which is very sketchy. i placed my order since 12/1/11 and i have not received it yet. they gave me fake EMS tracking number and when i tracked the package EMS doesnt have any record od the item been shipped. as they told me it was shipped. has anyone had similar experience with this website?

14. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Distinguished Member

Profound thoughts:

Why do I want so much stuff? I'm a capitalist stooge. Where is my Thoreau action figure?

Sometimes when I get dressed in the morning there's an image I want to embody, and I put on all my cool shit, and I feel good, and I head to the drab, buff-colored office where I sit at a cubicle under bad fluorescent lighting. Then I feel my clothing is a lie.

There's a difference between like and love. Because, I like my SNS Stark, but I love my Undercover hooded parka.

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

how was he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.