1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lel

Lel Senior member

Not that I'm defending him or anything, but I really dislike the idea of cross posting facebook stuff onto SF. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

3 people like this.
  2. Teger

Teger Senior member

brad-t is the fb police apparently: vigilantly watching his fb feed incase he has to post something to SF!

3. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

4. MS007

MS007 Senior member

Could have at least blacked out the eyes :rimshot:

1 person likes this.
  5. momentoftruth

not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. The kid might've had the best intentions, but for no grown-ups at his home to recognize that blackface is just too culturally sensitive to even attempt somewhat perplexes me. In contrast "whiteface" could definitely be considered weird, but the stigma is so vastly different from a historical and cultural POV that there's no way they can be equated.

6. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

GOD DAMNIT it looks like my local post office has either completely lost or misplaced my Schneider shirt, the grey Kilim one. Their tracking indicates it arrived like a week ago, then the updates go dead. I'm having the manager investigate further, but it almost sounds to me like he's saying "oh well, not much we can do." Can he really just write it off as a loss and offer no compensation? I mean, that'd put me out almost $200 bucks for a failed paid service, WTF

WHAT DO I DO

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

this is horrible

edit: the post, not using tape to make your eyes look asian

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Things white guys like to talk about on styleforum: indie music, pocket squares, craft beer, trendy Japanese clothes from 7 years ago, racism. It's a party.

3 people like this.
  9. MS007

MS007 Senior member

Everyone in the story could have learned something from this kid, but instead what the kid takes home from this is that blacks have to be treated differently because of their history. How would you ever overcome such a stigma if you practically teach your kids racism?

10. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

probably a good call. i shouldn't have posted it. deleted

11. teenagelightning

teenagelightning Senior member

I wandered outside of sw&d the other day and some guy was insulting Teger for needing money to pay for the medical bills for his dying beagle. That guy's got like 12,000 posts and is not banned either.

Pocket squares are at the bottom of the pile as far as problems with this website.

12. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Thinking about where I might wind up next year, and I realize I've gotten fairly sick of Boston. Who wants to help me begin to decide between Montreal and Chicago?

1 person likes this.
  13. Teger

Teger Senior member

welcome to styleforum, the site devoted to being a gentleman

1 person likes this.
  14. Best Budz

Best Budz Senior member

All the girls in Montreal are gorgeous.

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

who you better come to montreal you motherfucker

1 person likes this.
  16. momentoftruth

I cannot cosign this enough. And they are super direct (which can be disconcerting at first)

17. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

I'm completely serious when I say that the city really appeals to me: urban Francophone culture, hockey appreciation (although I'm kinda scared to be fan of anything *not* Canadiens), cool people (e.g. our own brad; I also have a former camp counselor living there who is the fucking bomb), good indie music scene... :embar:

Just need to get myself psyched up about moving somewhere I've never been before, hence a reason to make a trip up there sometime this coming semester. Oh, and gorgeous girls are always a strong draw.

But Chicago is Chicago. Which is to say it's huge and full of awesome stuff so yeah.

2 people like this.
  18. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

ftfy

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.