• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Think I saw the model from Bows's avatar outside my office today. Either that or he was a convincing knockoff (he was across the street walking away from me and my eyes ain't what they used to be). Either way, he looked cool. But the coolest guy I saw today was this small, older Asian gentleman on the subway. Had a fu-manchu mustache and this crazy knit blazer. Debated trying to stealthily snap a pic, but I think he could have melted me with his eyes.

Isn't Bows himself a convincing knockoff?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
08b6df34.jpg

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer to think of Bows as "inspired by" that guy. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Bows, though, if that's what you're getting at (Bows, you weren't wandering down 8th Ave in Chelsea today, were you?). This dude's hair was shaved to the skin on the sides and he seemed much lankier.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I prefer to think of Bows as "inspired by" that guy. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Bows, though, if that's what you're getting at (Bows, you weren't wandering down 8th Ave in Chelsea today, were you?). This dude's hair was shaved to the skin on the sides and he seemed much lankier.

No I'm stuck in Midwest wasteland Ohio. Holidays!

And yeah that dude has a wayy slighter frame than I do. Definitely more inspired by

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BUT MY MARGIELA SNEAKERS WITH A SCREEN PRINT OF A LION ON THEM WERE 90% OFF AND THEYR'E MARGIELA AND JET WEARS MARGIELA!!!!!!

I would so buy the ones with the wolf on them.
Or maybe it is a lion. Or a cougar? Idk but they are sick.

Yeah, you're allowed to say that officially, now that Southgate House, the Mockbee, and the Mad Hatter are all closed.

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to see a maxi bowl cut pre-mustache Verkerk inspired bows1

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are the ones that are just plain Gitman Brothers instead of Gitman Vintage, right?

Yup. These have darts in the back, though, the "tailored" fit. I have no idea how they compare. I figured for $20, it was worth a shot and I can return them if I didn't like the fit/colors/whatever. :)

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would so buy the ones with the wolf on them.
Or maybe it is a lion. Or a cougar? Idk but they are sick.
Yeah, you're allowed to say that officially, now that Southgate House, the Mockbee, and the Mad Hatter are all closed.

Mockbee closed?!?! That was the best. I heard they just had water damage and are coming back

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And yeah that dude has a wayy slighter frame than I do. Definitely more inspired by

I always thought that was Gary Oldman...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one more slightly inexpensive item to purchase and my kop list will be empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads