• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
adidas-Noel-Gallagher-Trainer-72-NG-03.jpg

adidas-Noel-Gallagher-Trainer-72-NG-01.jpg

Last edited:

johnkerr

Reaction score
Everybody at my work is a bit older than me, and typically wears this kind of men's clothing. I have no objection to this but as a pretty casual younger guy I don't know what to do to not stand out in a bad scruffy way in meetings without resorting to dad fashion

eternaldrake

Reaction score
thinking hard about potential post-christmas kops

i either wanna get a pair of guidi backzips or a pair of augusta/cdiem lace-ups, or round out my wardrobe more with a suit and a nice black blazer + a new pair of trousers and some button-ups

decisions decisions

Last edited:

fungz0r

Reaction score
buy backzips and uniqlo suit + trousers. Best of both worlds

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm gonna have a sick place to stay in brooklyn when I visit come spring so it will be on and poppin wit some west coast swag up in da apple.

steviecakes

Reaction score

Is there anywhere I can get something like this (wider neck, longer-than-average t-shirt) for like... half this price tops?

http://www.oaknyc.com/oak-blktorque-tee.html

I've been asking myself the same question for months now. The closest I've found is American Apparel Loose Crew Summer shirts. Neck still isn't as wide as I had hoped, it's in between a regular crew neck and the Oak tee you posted.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i either wanna get a pair of guidi backzips or a pair of augusta/cdiem lace-ups, or round out my wardrobe more with a suit and a nice black blazer + a new pair of trousers and some button-ups
decisions decisions

If you don't actually need a blazer/trousers, and you're just inventing the need (dunno if you are), then I'd stick with what you know you like - especially if it's the antithesis of blazer/trousers.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I ordered some stuff from parable sydneys (australian store) on Dec 2nd and that **** shipped around the 4th-5th, and my patience is starting to wear thin cuz I have a tracking number I was given a week later that I can't even use unless I call the post office, and my shizz is out there somewhere...

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I've been asking myself the same question for months now. The closest I've found is American Apparel Loose Crew Summer shirts. Neck still isn't as wide as I had hoped, it's in between a regular crew neck and the Oak tee you posted.

Yeah, the problem with AA is that I have a long torso (i'm 6' tall with a 30" inseam) so they barely cover my belt, let alone stick out beneath a jacket. It's especially egregious because I'd really want to wear two at a time, meaning I'm essentially spending $100 for a t-shirt with the oak tees.

eternaldrake

Reaction score
decisions decisions

If you don't actually need a blazer/trousers, and you're just inventing the need (dunno if you are), then I'd stick with what you know you like - especially if it's the antithesis of blazer/trousers.

i dont need them anymore then i need another pair of zip-up boots, i just want them

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are NYR and kgmeisser shills for epaulet?
Man just saw some g&g lasts on the shoe Appreciation thread that are hideous, can't imagine they would make something that bad.

yeah i don't know if my taste has changed or they've just gone to ****. probably a bit of both.

i would've agreed with this, except having a good dark blazer that you can just chuck on over whatever you're wearing when you're going clubbing is just so easy. got a lot of wear out of my spurr blazer this year.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Going to a friend's daughter's birthday party. Feeling very #menswear with a tweed EG jacket, a quilted vest, a speckled RRL sweater, slim Wings+Horns jeans, a KMW belt, and my new tan Alfred Sargent Lombards.

Watch out- I took my daughter out wearing a similar outfit, and she told me I looked like a chimney sweep.

Chillex man there are people still waiting for their Daytons :)

I can't believe how bad of a **** up that's been.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you bring your daughter up that she knows what chimney sweepers are?!

As for Dayton mess up its a mistake too human that I can't even get angry at :embar: I now know how my father felt when he invested heavy on dot com stocks a decade ago

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
just found out I totally need to marry a persian chick because I have a badass last name in farsi

so i reach out to you, persian bros 1 and 2, for any advice on how to get those girls to take me seriously

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics