• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ This is why I'm glad I'm able to fight the urge to buy stuff that I really like now but am going to loathe in a year (or less)... like these Phillip Lim matrix pants.

while im not worried about tiring of the pieces i have in a year or so (most is black and white) i often think about how im going to put my boots on or if ill have the patience to dress up when im old :(

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do we have like a fabrics/materials thread? I'm curious about boiled polyester

Great idea, someone get this going!

I've got a couple items with weird blends (e.g. cashmere+silk+metal) to contribute. I'm also curious about boiled polyester -- I would have thought it would just melt or slough in extreme heat, it's essentially just made of bottle plastic isn't it?

maybe she wanted *********, but you kept looking at cloth.

:laugh:

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ok, i didn't mean the whole outfit yeah that's too much of a peasant land worker
but it does look nice, as you say
just the shirts, you could make it work

Really love that middle fit. Guy is a poster on SZ righ?

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really love that middle fit. Guy is a poster on SZ righ?

Yup, that's Mail-Moth.

Shah, are you sure the X-10 won't irritate you after a while with its fixed lens? You seem like a guy who likes options :)

EDIT - The camera is damned sweet though and I would definitely cop if it was within easy reach...

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
well, you're absolutely right. i still use interchangeable lens systems but with film. it's just not convenient for travelling, at least not when i don't intend to set time aside for photography. so for stealth/street shooting i'd need something small with a fixed lens, and the x10 offers enough even in terms of the overused and clichéd shallow depth of focus that is polluting internet blogs with 0 thought of what is being done

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

well, you're absolutely right. i still use interchangeable lens systems but with film. it's just not convenient for travelling, at least not when i don't intend to set time aside for photography. so for stealth/street shooting i'd need something small with a fixed lens, and the x10 offers enough even in terms of the overused and clichéd shallow depth of focus that is polluting internet blogs with 0 thought of what is being done

I may or may not be currently working on a street series with the subject out of focus and background in sharp focus as an antithesis to this. there is more of a direction to it than just that but I can't give everything away on the internet!

Last edited:

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like my depth of field like I like my blogs. Exceedingly shallow.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I may or may not be currently working on a street series with the subject out of focus and background in sharp focus as an antithesis to this. there is more of a direction to it than just that but I can't give everything away on the internet!

Is this in any way related to your job as a writer for a certain film industry or is this a different thing altogether? :hide:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

many moons ago, were these taken.

i once tried the antithetic shot, it didn't work out.
05qdl.jpg

Checkmate

From Persian shah mat, literally "the king is left helpless."

Camera Info: Kiev 88CM, Arsat f2.8/80mm, Hoya HMC 62mm UV (0), Quantaray +10 Closeup
and i did the reverse, it sorta worked out.
vjJGq.jpg

Icicles

February in _______

Camera Info: Kiev 88CM, Arsat f2.8/80mm, Hoya HMC 62mm UV(0), Hoya 62mm PL-CIR

q2kyX.jpg

El scoprio

An unwanted guest intrudes upon my arrival

Kiev 88CM ARSAT(Jupiter)-36, 3.5/250mm long-focus.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Is this in any way related to your job as a writer for a certain film industry or is this a different thing altogether? :hide:

Unrelated, unfortunately. I also made up that bit about my copywriting job. or did I :hide:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads