Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Yeah, shirts in general are just really boring to me. Most of the time I'm just wearing a plain oxford or solid colour flannel, but I've been buying more Schneider recently because his fabrics are seriously amazing. Pictures don't do his fabrics justice, so I'm ok with saving up and spending more on those, just wish he'd get his sizing together. I have been thinking about getting a few more "expensive" tees, maybe look into Vovk since everyone says it's good, but it's a road I'm hesitant to go down because of cost.

I hear ya on the denim thing. I bought a pair of petit standards a month ago after seeing how well my friend's pair faded, but the dark denim really sucks to deal with for so long. Kinda regret it, but I figure it'd look good if I just tough it out.

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

so I track some tags on tumblr and one of them that I track is WIWT, and as I was just looking at all the pictures I get hit with this

[​IMG]

that might be the worst cock bulge I have ever seen.. that's too much for colabear to handle.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  3. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Quick, someone convince me not to buy a (nother) Stark.

5. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Get a different knit. SNS has other nice cardigans/sweaters.

6. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

dont buy another stark

7. transient

transient Senior member

I feel that with raw denim it's like getting married, gotta plan to be in it for the long haul, everything (especially the fit) needs to be perfect. It isn't that you should wear everyday, just need to make sure it won't be something you'll grow out of in the next couple of years and stay patient. The guys with 5+ raw pairs on sufu boggle my mind. If you have more than two pairs at a time you're automatically a collector, it's no longer just clothing for you.

In response to Julian a few pages back: definitively quality over quantity. Ideally I just want to have a few indispensable powerhouse items and a bunch of mid range basics. You need to commit to a consistant style however, and it isn't as fun for WAYWT, but it makes sense. If you don't know what you want I'd say get H&M version first, if it works then get the real thing, no use in blowing a bunch of money on something you're not sure about.

8. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Thanks. They're just north of two bills at Roden Gray in clay, and they have S and XS in stock (or they did a second ago).

9. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

That's not even a good deal on that color, also not even considering the fact that you already have a brownish stark right?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  10. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Starks look like grandmama knits with those big goofy buttons, I don't understand the appeal. If I could somehow find one of these, however: :happy:
    [​IMG]

11. habitant

habitant Senior member

A random fashion thought... Does anyone like Band of Outsiders anymore? I never really liked it from day one, and I'm starting to see less and less of it.

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think the problem is everyobdy saw what BoO was doing and tried to get on the bandwagon and now BoO is numerically dominated.

13. APK

APK Senior member

The appeal was always in the fit. Now that other brands are releasing slim-fit shirting, with better quality control at that, there's understandably less of a need to beast after BoO.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

the problem is that 4 years ago boo shirts cost $160 and now they cost $260 and are shittier quality.

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Just waited a few hours too long for the Jil Sander Hermes boots on Mr. Porter. Sold out now. :fu:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.