• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

transient

Reaction score
I feel that with raw denim it's like getting married, gotta plan to be in it for the long haul, everything (especially the fit) needs to be perfect. It isn't that you should wear everyday, just need to make sure it won't be something you'll grow out of in the next couple of years and stay patient. The guys with 5+ raw pairs on sufu boggle my mind. If you have more than two pairs at a time you're automatically a collector, it's no longer just clothing for you.

In response to Julian a few pages back: definitively quality over quantity. Ideally I just want to have a few indispensable powerhouse items and a bunch of mid range basics. You need to commit to a consistant style however, and it isn't as fun for WAYWT, but it makes sense. If you don't know what you want I'd say get H&M version first, if it works then get the real thing, no use in blowing a bunch of money on something you're not sure about.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Thanks. They're just north of two bills at Roden Gray in clay, and they have S and XS in stock (or they did a second ago).

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's not even a good deal on that color, also not even considering the fact that you already have a brownish stark right?

Last edited:

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starks look like grandmama knits with those big goofy buttons, I don't understand the appeal. If I could somehow find one of these, however: :happy:

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A random fashion thought... Does anyone like Band of Outsiders anymore? I never really liked it from day one, and I'm starting to see less and less of it.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think the problem is everyobdy saw what BoO was doing and tried to get on the bandwagon and now BoO is numerically dominated.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A random fashion thought... Does anyone like Band of Outsiders anymore? I never really liked it from day one, and I'm starting to see less and less of it.

The appeal was always in the fit. Now that other brands are releasing slim-fit shirting, with better quality control at that, there's understandably less of a need to beast after BoO.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the problem is that 4 years ago boo shirts cost $160 and now they cost $260 and are shittier quality.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Dir en grey show tonight in Montreal was incredible. Toshiya was wearing a skirt and leggings with those delicious Rick Owens x Chrome Hearts sneakers.

tumblr_lvg6f7ZiFv1qbnij9o1_500.jpg

(pic isn't from this show, but same look minus the shirt which was much better tonight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads