Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Quality over quantity, every time.

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

unless we're talking about underwear.

3. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Just to clarify, I meant more along the lines of, would you rather have several things from a company like wings + horns or one super expensive designer item. Ain't talkin about Banana Republic.

4. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

http://advancedstyle.blogspot.com/

I think the theme and writing are sort of patronizing, but there are some pretty interesting looks on here. footwear is pretty weak though, but I think that's kind of expected. I just wish they would let the women's style speak for itself instead of making it "despite their age".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  5. APK

APK Senior member

I like the idea of quality over quantity, but I just don't know how someone with a limited income does it without having wealthy parents. I've got some relatively pricey items in my wardrobe, but have to mix in cheap stuff otherwise I'd have to either go naked or wear the same couple of shirts over and over.

6. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Ah, gotcha

Yeah, I'll second this. One super expensive designer item would consume my clothing budget for an entire year. At the moment I choose quality over quantity in the sense that I'll buy one Geller shirt or something rather than a few J. Crew shirts (or All Saints or whatever mall brand). But I don't even have the option right now of choosing to buy a Lanvin shearling or something on that level rather than buy a bunch of mid-level stuff.

7. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    Well, I pretty much wear the same pair of jeans every day. But I also don't particularly care what I look like at work, so there's really only 2-3 days a week where I want to look good. I'm also totally cutting corners here on things like tshirts (bulk order AA).

Guess when you get down to it what I'm asking is whether those super pricey items were worth it to someone who doesn't have unlimited income, assuming a fixed clothing budget.

8. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

quality > quantity for sure, i make shit wages and my wardrobe is small as balls but all the stuff in it is pretty nice except the t-shirts.

9. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Spend money on outerwear/shoes, everything else can be filler from H&M, uniqlo, jcrew, whatever.

They're worth it if you know what you want. The problem is, you won't know what you want until you experiment, and that ends up in a net loss of money generally.

10. Nil

Nil Senior member

Quality over quantity for sure. You may struggle a bit in the beginning but after a few seasons of following through on that, you'll have a pretty nice wardrobe of things you actually like.

11. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

buy less but better stuff. that's true in almost all cases no ? 1 private helicopter or 20,000,000 economy class tickets ?

also gtrans is right in terms of prioritizing, the extremities are first, and in terms of footwear the difference you notice with each step

12. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

Looks like traditional greatcoat lapels to me, a modern take on the greatcoat. Looks great over a sharp suit in my head, but would prob just end up looking like a costume irl I guess :(

Fucking one millionth edit: maybe it makes more sense to talk about getting what you actually want over cutting corners instead of debating quality/quantity. There is a absolute minimum of basics you need in order to get by though.

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Hahaha I just read what I wrote drunk last night, apparently deep down I'm a terrible human being

14. snake

snake Senior member

I was browsing sf last night after I was out drinking and was able to restrain myself from making any nonsensical posts. :embar:

15. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I sort of always plan on making stupid SF posts when I get hammered, it's like a little treat at the end of the night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.