Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APK

APK Senior member

I also like the people who PM you with low-ball offers phrased in a way that suggests they're doing you a favor by extending such an offer. A SW&D semi-regular often hit me up with such offers when I was listing more stuff in the B&S forum.

2. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Dam looking at that coat as well, need to find something like that but in wool/cashmere and $600 still

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

"Look bro, I can do $25 for that. Take it or leave it."

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yeah I tend to get that from people asking for like a 40% discount on 4 items. Yeah I'm glad you want to buy multiples, saves me time and effort, but I already list stuff pretty cheap quit trying to fleece me.

5. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I had a really vivid dream last night that the Nom de Guerre NYC shop put on a sample sale/going out of business sale on the estate of some manor. Super nice pieces were displayed all over the property, and I spent all day hunting for deals. I woke up feeling really happy/sad

This is a sickness

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

6. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Kinda like a Last Year at Marienbad meets Nom de Guerre concept?

7. APK

APK Senior member

Sometimes I get the feeling that they think if they put a sense of urgency in their message, I'll accept the offer out of fear of missing out on such a great opportunity to give my stuff away.

I don't mind some haggling, but when your first offer hacks away at an already reasonably priced item (not to mention people who want free shipping), my first instinct is to reply that I'd rather set fire to said item than accept such a ridiculous offer.

8. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

I would respond that way tbh. you have the item they want; therefore, you have the power. :devil:

assuming there isn't an immediate need for money then you can afford to tell cheap-o's to lay off.

9. APK

APK Senior member

I just don't respond. I'm not going to be a dick, but I'm also not going to humor someone with some hollow response about how I "appreciate the offer" or some such nonsense.

10. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

a guy said that to me. I straight up said gtfo and dont bother.

11. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

My favorite response is "No." or "Nope."

I find silence not satisfying enough.

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

a "lol" or ":lol:" is equally satisfying and imparts the real absurdity of the offer in question

13. sipang

sipang Senior member

I may take a pair of scissors (etc) to said item if such an offer finds me in the right disposition, I make a point of sending a picture afterward with an appropriate caption.

I now own quite the collection of fallen grail items, from the lightly altered Helmut Lang metal toes derbies (punctured tongue - corkscrew) to the totally unrecognizable Dior "The End" t-shirt (industrial shredder).

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

14. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

I typically agree with this sentiment, but it also depends on the price and the length of time the item has been listed. APK, your prices are fantastic and I see no reason to haggle. I'd have already picked up some of your pieces at your asking prices if they were smaller sizes. But I do feel it's justified to ask for a lower price if the item has been sitting around for a while because of a high price. I've asked sellers if they would accept a 20% or so reduction on items that have been sitting around for months, and received seriously hostile replies, which I don't think is warranted.

15. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Is there a reason retailers in the US like to ship Fedex or UPS vs USPS? USPS just seems to be cheaper and faster, especially for small items like shirts/scarves, is it a liability issue where the private companies would cover more if the package were lost or somethin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.