• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Fall was a pretty unique piece. I remember catching it on tv a couple of years ago. Did not understand much what was going on, did not recognize Lee pace until half way through the movie (and Pushing daisies was on TV around that time, I think). Visually, It´s beautiful and a truly amazing story.

For Malik fans, who´s seen "Badlands"? Also caught that on TV a few months ago, at like 10 am and absolutely loved it. Martin Sheen is amazing in it.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, Badlands had a fantastic meditative atmosphere (which I guess can be said about all of Malick's movies). Pretty neato.

jwkicks

Reaction score
Badlands is my favorite of Malicks. He was walking around filming at Austin City Limits festival back in September with Christian Bale, while I was there, and somehow I missed him :facepalm:

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i loved the fall but the thin red line was just unspeakably bad :( one of the worst movies i've ever seen. melacholia was ok, but would've been much improved by not having kirsten dunst.

has anyone seen street kings? it's a surprisingly good movie for what it is (standard cop corruption type deal) with forrest whitaker, hugh laurie and keanu reeves. good atmosphere.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teger if you liked that you may enjoy Gone, Baby, Gone . Directed by Ben, starring Casey Affleck and Morgan Freeman. Pretty interesting movie, cheesy at times but also raises some thoughtful questions about ethics.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
i've seen it. was pretty good, and was surprised at how decent casey affleck was. another unexpectedly good movie: babylon A.D.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ben Affleck should just stop acting for good, The Town was a bit sucky though.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
forget transatlantic, just ship it south right onto my head :D

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
spotted this guy on 6th avenue today. Syck Fadez, tech gear, and a wicked sock tuck. Possible SF poster?

dOEQx.jpg

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i loved the fall but the thin red line was just unspeakably bad :( one of the worst movies i've ever seen. melacholia was ok, but would've been much improved by not having kirsten dunst.
has anyone seen street kings? it's a surprisingly good movie for what it is (standard cop corruption type deal) with forrest whitaker, hugh laurie and keanu reeves. good atmosphere.

Haven't seen TRL, but I'm certain I could point you in the direction of far worse films. Street Kings is okay. I thought the Hugh Laurie angle was a little over the top, but it was still a pleasant way to spend a couple hours.

Teger if you liked that you may enjoy Gone, Baby, Gone . Directed by Ben, starring Casey Affleck and Morgan Freeman. Pretty interesting movie, cheesy at times but also raises some thoughtful questions about ethics.

I thought this was pretty good, and possibly the best piece of evidence that Mystic River was an unmitigated *************.

i've seen it. was pretty good, and was surprised at how decent casey affleck was. another unexpectedly good movie: babylon A.D.

+1 on Case Affleck. I find him enjoyable in almost everything I've ever seen him in. Amy Ryan, however, is great. She's a very good actor in general, but I wish she were a little bit hotter. If she were, I think she'd be a major Hollywood star right now.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
just GISd Amy Ryan to make sure I was thinking of the right woman, and here are the related searches:

Related searches: amy ryan the office amy ryan gone baby gone amy ryan the wire amy ryan feet amy ryan changeling

lol

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
after being exposed to really, actual pretentious **** (hello postmodernist academic writing) i am more and more drawn to simplistic, formulaic entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads