Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

wat kind of failed use of spoiler tags was that ? Darwin dies!?!?!? GREAT !!!!!

those are both on list along with Tree of Life

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011

2. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

woops lol :embar:

Also this one of my favorites, from 2000, by the same guy who did pineapple express :teach:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]​

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Yeah, you beat me to it. David Gordon Green's movies are so wonderful. (Well, the early ones, not the recent, for the paycheck ones). They almost out-Malick Malick.

(And tween, if you see his All the Real Girls, you'll see why I like Zooey Deschanel -- for her acting, omg! Seriously. You just have to see it).

Ahem:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

4. sipang

sipang Senior member

Yeah, David Gordon Green needs a lot of paychecks apparently... hum. He's pretty involved in Eastbound and Down too (pretty sure DGG regular cinematographer Tim Orr shot the first season too) which I way better than the rest of his comedic output (Pineapple and that other thing with Natalie Portman). George Washington was great and so was Snow Angels , still haven't watched the other two.

5. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

I never knew he did anything other than the comedy stuff! Now to go digging for his other films.

Damn you shah! I had successfully avoided his spoiler and you just went and spoilt it in your own post :fu:

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

haha gtrans edited his i forgot to take mine out ... it actually won't matter that much ultimately. is that a spoiler too ??? i can't tell you

but now i am bubbling with ideas of great adventures , but i need a band of bandits to join me !

7. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

:censored:

Not reading anything else you type until I watch it. Downloading off iTunes now. I don't know why it has taken me this long to watch actually. Quite like the way Tarsem's films look and I can be easily satisfied by a crap film that looks gorgeous (and preferably has great music too). So the fact that The Fall is supposed to actually be a good film is a big boost for me.

I am up for an adventure, provided I get to wear some indigo - dyed/over dyed/object dyed Fremen-inspired gear.

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm a sucker for any Terrence Malick movie. Thin Red Line was probably the best war movie I've seen. Tree of Life was brilliant, and the boy who played the oldest son stole the movie. I also think it was one of Brad Pitt's best performances.

9. snake

snake Senior member

Adventures are my specialty. If my sneakers could talk, they would speak of the horrors I've put them through...

The Fall really is a great movie. I've still have yet to watch The Tree of Life, really should get around to downloading that.

10. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Aldens are just too clunky for me, wouldn't buy a pair. When I saw my first pair in person I was like OMG SO UGLY, the salesperson at Tassles was like "That's because they're goodyear welted, all quality shoes have soles like that."

So I went to The Armoury and bought a pair of shoes that didn't look like shit.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

11. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

nothing wrong with Alden, or clunky shoes in general. Just need to be worn in the right context.

12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

i.e. not with stanleyvanburen

13. 1969

1969 Senior member

Scalpers stopped me last night headed into hoops game to praise the Stark--"live" "clean" and "fresh as fuck".

then they saw the raftros and all hell broke loose

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

was one of them tcwalters?!?!

15. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I hate the words people use to praise things nowadays. The 40-year-old shoe guy at Holt Renfrew says things like "dude, so sick!" when I wear a pair of Lanvins he hasn't seen before, and it doesn't sound at all natural or comfortable coming out of his mouth. "Fresh as fuck" = inarticulate as hell.

Have you seen Full Metal Jacket? TRL is awesome but it's also kind of a mess. For instance, Adrian Brody was led to believe he was the main character until after he'd completed filming. Viggo Mortensen, Mickey Rourke, and Gary Oldman (!!) filmed scenes but got cut out of the movie completely. There was so much footage shot (>6 hours) that most of the dialogue had to be cut out so they could cram in as much as they did, resulting in all the voiceovers.

Agreed about the son in Tree of Life, though the whole family pretty much blew me away. I also thought Laramie Eppler was perfect -- almost freaky -- father-son casting for Brad Pitt:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.