1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

long and winding road ahead :devil

are you sure?

also, any recommendations for a thin patagonia liner/where to get it (any sales)??
    i dont look for this stuff too often so im not aware of any good sales :embar:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. sipang

sipang Senior member

Before I started making kop-spreadsheets I was a promising young lawyer, president of my local Debate club and amateur philatelist, I had a fiancee, a dog and a goldfish.

It's all gone now, I had to make some hard choices. It was worth it.

[​IMG]

WvB is actually from the future.

3. sipang

sipang Senior member

I get what you're saying but it sounds boring and vapid, discussion about clothing can only go so far if you shut out anything related to the creative universe etc. I guess it makes sense if you're not really interested in other visual arts etc.

4. jwkicks

jwkicks Senior member

Anybody else ever worry Yoox might suspend their account? When I start thinking about the untold number of items I've bought and returned.... :embar:

5. aether

aether Senior member

i dunno, I think I am a person who appreciates the humanities and arts -- hell, I even consider myself pseudo-artistic and I'm a fan of good design -- but fashion lends itself to some corny shit sometimes.

6. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

...as opposed to every creative medium?

7. sipang

sipang Senior member

Sure, corny shit abounds, but I'd still rather "discuss" that kind of stuff rather than talk about the merits of Lanvin new soles, silent t-shirts or what will my next coat purchase be.

Of course this is all moot because the only thing we ever discuss on SF is "what we should discuss on SF". That and codes and sales.

8. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

and J. Crew

9. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I heard J. Crew has a 25% off code. How much should I size down on their chinos if I'm a 29 in APC? Beginning to think Americana is getting a little played out now though so maybe I should switch to tech ninja. where2kop gyu-suck-o? Good thing I have my own unique style and am enlightened above the masses.

10. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I think you are limiting a lot of other factors that go into these types of things. Obviously, it's ridiculous but it doesn't even have to be viewed as art, it can be used to create an atmosphere/general feeling towards the pieces. I mean look at Margiela, with the blindfolds or DBSS with the birds. No one will walk around with a blindfold but it definitely says something, makes you feel something, and I think that's important to keep in mind and worth discussion.

I don't even know where to begin with Aether's comment. wtf

11. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

:fu: :fu: tried on damir boots fit was perfect then the wind decided to intervene and knock over my chai sending milky liquid to attack what may be supple horse leather :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

do you know where I can buy all white common projects for 50% off right now?

13. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

No, seriously, I'd like to know.

14. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I think what AFL posted makes for beautiful pictures, but it's obvious that this isn't how this stuff will be worn on the street. Which is fine by me. We have the concept and we have the reality, and both are worth discussing. And like impolyt_one pointed out, it's easy to imagine how the clothes will look without the head wraps and branches. Fashion can definitely get corny with weird styling and blindfolds and stuff like that, but it's easy to disregard those things and pay attention to the main garments if you want.

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

noooooooooooo. how did that happen? was it a latte with a lot of foam making it light and easy to knock over?

what boots btw?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.