Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Yeah but who is going to sell those boots with the price they bought them? Im thinkong ~300 and at that level you might as well get f+bs. Or Danner Stumptown :drool:

2. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Never seen any of those I've liked. On the plus side, these silent scarves are perfect. Now which colors to keep...

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

tbs will make it right, too bad they don't have your size tho

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Who says it needs to be exciting? I mean, straight-anything is going to be monotonous and boring which is why you can sub in "flannel shirts" for whatever other kind of fashion kick you want. But that's fairly different from being boring simply because it's ubiquitous to you.

Every couple of months when I hear that xyz-trend is played out it's usually by the same people who are constantly looking for the next of-the-moment trend. Sartorial ADHD isn't necessarily a bad thing but some don't have the closet space or the B&S inclination for that kind of potpourri.

FWIW, if there's anything about Americana to criticize, it's the induction of the lifestyle aspect that's horribly artificial and trite. The clothes themselves don't bore me NEARLY as much as the assholes behind certain brands pushing them on other assholes looking to eat whatever dog shit is fed to them.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  6. DLester

DLester Senior member

Hi, just checking in to say that UPS can suck it.

Today I went to UPS to ship something to Japan. UPS wanted $60 to ship via USPS (UPS is a USPS drop off). I loled and went to the USPS 3 blocks away. Shipped $25 for the exact same service.

UPS can suck it. You are a big dummy if you use them.

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

don't forget the taxes you pay that go into usps for-loss business model should also be factored in :teach:

but yeah fedex/ups international is a joke ...

8. APK

APK Senior member

I was just using flannels as sort of a catch-all term for anything Americana. Flannels are actually the one garment from that realm that I still am ever tempted to buy. What I meant - and I think others have experienced the same thing - is that after getting beat over the head with the raw denim-flannel-heritage stick for so many seasons, I was ready to mix things up and explore brands that focused on a different aesthetic.

Actually, you raise a good point with the lifestyle element that seems to be one of the big selling points of the Americana look. Most people familiar with the designer Americana aesthetic were never under the impression that they were meant to go chop wood or move bales of hay in these clothes. So it's irritating to see some of that falsified image referenced in relation to these clothes by heritage brands/blogs and nauseating to see it used as a major sales pitch.

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I'm gonna go to Uni-Qlo and buy five white oxfords, I'm sick of spilling coffee on expensive shirts!!

10. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

this

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I wish I could wear Uniqlo. None of their stuff fits me all that well, except for the V-neck 'Premium cotton tees' but I don't even know if they have them in Japan, haven't been to check. Muji doesn't fit me well either.

12. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

you have your house shirt lol

13. superego

superego Senior member

I love the new-ish Black Rolex PVD models...
    [​IMG]

but no interest in dropping $8k on a watch. Any idea about what I could expect to pay for a replica and where to look for one? A quick search yields results anywhere from $75 to $500...

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

USPS no longer receives any tax money. That ended 30 years ago.

15. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

The USPS does get some taxpayer support -- $96 million annual congressional budget, and $15 billion line of credit from Treasury

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.