Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Ive met this new girl/woman, who is really cute and smart yadayda, but doent really cut it style-wise. I´d like to give her some hints, but unsure how to do it without her being offended. Tips?

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

you yadayadayada'd over the best part !

3. ryansmith

ryansmith Senior member

Anyone going to check out the pop-up flea this year?

4. aether

aether Senior member

superbobo, wait it out a few more dates so that you guys are comfortable with eachother. then, you start dropping hints how you think she would look great in this or that. if she still doesn't get it after a while, just be a blunt motherfucker and tell her, "i really wish you dressed better."

5. APK

APK Senior member

"I know you like, want to have sex with me and stuff, and that's pretty cool of you. But before we do, maybe we could discuss the possibility of adding some flannel shirts and bucket hats to your wardrobe?"

A girl with a good sense of style is a plus, but for me, it's ultimately a drop in the bucket compared to a lot of other things that I look for in a woman.

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

will check out devoa

7. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

:D
    Id be happy with some well fitting acne jeans, some heels (she needs a couple of inches) and a better jacket...

8. BB1

BB1 Senior member

If you already think she'll be offended by your suggestions, then she likely will be. Being indirect will probably yield better results. Some ideas...

Buy her some better looking clothing items for her birthday or Christmas. Then when she wears it you should compliment how amazing it makes her look. Just be sure to buy stuff that's not too far away from her current style, otherwise she may reject it outright.

Start repeatedly bringing up clothing and style as a topic of conversation without discussing her style directly. This will help you to learn more about her feelings on the subject, and thus be better equipped to develop a more effective strategy. You may even find that she moves the conversation towards talking about herself and her own lack of style. Now she has opened the door to this subject for you.

Try asking her what she thinks of your style. You may find that she hates it.

When you go out with her, be sure to clearly out dress her (in a manner that she will notice and agree looks good). She may get the idea that she needs to up her own style without you having to say a single word.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011

9. APK

APK Senior member

I determined a while ago that slim, well-fitting jeans almost always immensely improve a girl's appearance, assuming she's in good shape. Pair them with a burlap sack over the torso and tissue boxes on the feet for all I care, just so long as she's got on a well-fitting pair of jeans or pants.

10. the shah

uniqlo ultra down underneath a lined linen coat, this might be winter gear for some time

11. teenagelightning

teenagelightning Senior member

if she's not into fashion she's most certainly asking her friends this same question

"look, when he asked me out i thought he was on his way to go camping - but he wore that fucking fishing vest to dinner!"

12. DLester

DLester Senior member

They generally seem to know this, which is why they are OCD regarding their jean fit. They don't care about selvage, where the indigo was sourced, whether it was made in Japan or Mexico, any of that jean dorkery. Fit fit fit.

If you can design jeans that make any woman's ass look good, you are going to be rich. Good luck trying....

13. the shah

also is this any good ?
    [​IMG]

i'd go ask in the scents thread but i don't trust most of you since you don't even bathe properly with shampoos etc.

14. snake

snake Senior member

I asked about that in the should I thread but got no replies.

15. the shah

there's a website that sells samples, $3 each but 10$ shipping on everything, but i found a free shipping code. wat to do

i was hoping you got anyway, i thought i saw on your blog, or if not irwii's
    don't ask me why i can't remember when i look at 3 blogs total lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.