Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aether

aether Senior member

anyone got Sophnet sizing advice? I found a pair of pants in size Large that I wanted to get but the measurements provided seem large. This brand has typical japanese sizing, right? A large should fit smaller than normal, right?

2. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

can anyone identify these pants? they are so dope.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

4. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Beams + i think. Sold out at TBS

5. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Does the Corner make money even after selling some of their shit at 36% of the original price?

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

^This is pure speculation, but a store owner once told me that standard markup is 250%. So if purchased something at 60% off you were getting it for their cost. So in this case, no. Some of these higher end names, however, I could imagine the markup being much much greater.

7. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

yep, you're right, just found em. sold out too. so ill though.

8. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Beams is all over japan if you're a smaller size. And cheaper there too I think.

9. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Thanks. This makes me wonder, why the hell is Alden so expensive then even when it is sold by its direct manufacturers, and never goes on sale except for defects (ie Alden of Carmel/NE)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

10. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Control. Apple does the same thing. They usually have a deal with distributors that they can't go onsale. Much like APC does with the Raw denim etc.

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

This is correct, Fok has posted about it before, and has said that markup has gone to something like 320% in recent times, since sales are inevitable and times are tough. You also have to sit and think about what the things cost to the people are wholesaling them as well, break that math down even more. There are certainly some good values in the fashion world still, but plenty more things that are just expensive to be expensive.

13. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

For anyone interested, I just discovered that Yoox is a publicly traded company. Check the stats here. Despite losses in the last six months, they're not doing too shabby.

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

schneider coat with baller belt and lovely buttons arrived from belgium :happy:

doesn't fit too small wy am so fat
    :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

so im about to trade a jacket for a jacket with someone, what's the best way to ensure I dont get scamz??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.