• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Novel idea eason but I doubt I can come up with a better cut or design than a real designer with talent and I doubt you or the forum as a collective could either.

Just find the things you love about your favorite clothes, and gank them. I definitely didn't come up with the details on my coat myself, it's the things I liked about my favorite blazers/jackets before. I guess you could call it cloning, if you know a given design well enough.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
If you'll custom make suits for me at Chinese prices, I'll fly to Korea to pick them up
inlove.gif

bespoke cashmere = 1000 rmb = 145 USD!

That **** is on a new level though Eason.

Funnily enough though, my TOJ peacoat project basically got shut down by the factory people who were gonna make it, because they are too busy these days. All the manufacturing is coming back to Korea lately because small-batch orders are just as expensive or more to do in China now than Korea. It's a combo of currency exchange plus Chinee people on the hustle and up and up I guess.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New thoughts: Ironically, thinking about a piece too much can be a bad thing, I end up finding the tiniest little issues and blowing them out of proportion or using them as excuses for not buying the item, even though in other instances where I've been too busy to think, it has turned out well. It's also the case that if you're looking for something wrong, you'll find something wrong, you might even imagine something as wrong - such as a slightly off fit - because by doing so you have 'succeeded' in your scrutiny, believe it or not I've done this before. Blatantly too large clothing ala hip-hop can look good, I saw a tall black guy today wearing a slightly oversized chambray with the shoulder seams on the lower part of his shoulder blades (you know, the part that says to you its a tiny bit big) and the rest of the shirt just billowed in the air; In spite of all logical reasoning that told me this shirt was too big for him and consequently wouldn't look as good as a 'proper' fitting one, I had to admit, it suited him well and made perfect sense worn this way in the hot weather with the relaxed style he had going for him (I believe he was wearing cargo shorts but I didn't take a good look and was more enamored by the shirt), I would almost think that a 'proper' fitting shirt would look stiff and awkward on him. Measurements can be helpful or misleading based on how well an item is displayed and what kind of item it is, I've realised this with a CDG shirt I saw that had shoulder seams about 2-3 inches inward from the pit-to-pit, so if I was to buy this shirt with my 'normal' shoulder seam measurement, it would be 2-3 inches too big in the shoulders, if that makes sense. Might seem anecdotal but now that I've seen an obvious example of where measurements don't tell the full story, I see it more and more in other clothes in varying degrees.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
+9000000.

So dope.

So dope.

Ease up girls.

It's kind of funny to post like sufu kids.

On an on topic thread note:

Kind of taking some time off as I need savings to move out.

Good to look at what I want / need. Pretty fleshed out with most things. Need some crazy awesome key pieces though, to really hit it off. Pretty much footwear and a leather, two most expensive things I think.

Also, chrono's last fit he posted was really awesome.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
That **** is on a new level though Eason.

Funnily enough though, my TOJ peacoat project basically got shut down by the factory people who were gonna make it, because they are too busy these days. All the manufacturing is coming back to Korea lately because small-batch orders are just as expensive or more to do in China now than Korea. It's a combo of currency exchange plus Chinee people on the hustle and up and up I guess.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
나는...mo?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am still making the TOJ peacoat (and the two other jawnz), next week, in fact. I am just not making at that place.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
글쎄...
smile.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Rubber ones are nice, wears off over time to reveal the leather underneath.

I would like to meet bubbly personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads