• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I don't feel the need to preface everything i say with "IMO"
It should be inferred and obviously everyone else has their own opinions too.

I am aware this is your opinion - strange statements nonetheless. All the C&J lasts are too sexy but the pointy round toe wholecut Carminas you posted are not? How does that work exactly - they look straight out of a modern dandy's closet. Not a great way to illustrate your point IMO

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How come like 10 pairs of awesome sneakers pop up on Yoox in my size 2 days after I order a pair of CPs? :cloud:

dont worry. i put 15 or so things in my dream box and narrowed it down to 6 or 7 (and ill prob only kop 2 or 3). youll find that most of the stuff you want is fueled by hype.

Love this song and video. Worked with the director of this video as well, wears all Rick

this is the kind of insider info i like to hear :cheers:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am aware this is your opinion - strange statements nonetheless. All the C&J lasts are too sexy but the pointy round toe wholecut Carminas you posted are not? How does that work exactly - they look straight out of a modern dandy's closet. Not a great way to illustrate your point IMO

perhaps not a perfect illustration - that last doesn't look good as a wholecut.

I guess this just boils down to me not liking elongated chisel lasts like the 348 that are particularly revered here. The Carmina second from the left looks perfect to me. Looking through C&J's catalogue, it does seem that they also do nice round toe lasts. the 341 looks good.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
dont worry. i put 15 or so things in my dream box and narrowed it down to 6 or 7 (and ill prob only kop 2 or 3). youll find that most of the stuff you want is fueled by hype.

I got the CPs 30% off, and tbh I'm pretty sure I'll be happier/get more use out of them than anything that showed up on yoox. Just a little frustrating haha.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is the kind of insider info i like to hear :cheers:

Yeah he was a cool dude. His necklaces all looked like AnnD stuff, but he had layers and layers of sheer rick stuff on. Definitely stood out when he was talking to the client :happy: Real nice guy, and good friends with Peter Stormare ? I dunno why he told me that but; insider info!

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No shortage of future B&S listings and bitchassness in the sales & recent purchase threads.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
it's all good. calm your nips, broski

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RFT: I always wanted to wear like a manga character. Black leather jacket+ White BD shirts+ Faded jeans+work boots all day. Almost there :satisfied:

Biggen

Reaction score

Yeah he was a cool dude. His necklaces all looked like AnnD stuff, but he had layers and layers of sheer rick stuff on. Definitely stood out when he was talking to the client :happy: Real nice guy, and good friends with Peter Stormare ? I dunno why he told me that but; insider info!

Oh, you're talking about Stakka Bo, or Johan Renck as he is known nowadays.

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like signing my name as ____-san when talking to nobu or hide from sharpservice japan :)

edit: shah, what else did you get from the silent pre-order? i picked up some polios pants which are great. i dont think many retailers are stocking those, they went with the palmedes instead :/

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
dlewsan !

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
v28G9.jpg

bieber wearing Junya,

Where did his hand go?

Plus, HuffPo called it a jumper, when that is definitely a varsity :|

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads