1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desi

Desi Distinguished Member

other then the clever photoshopping. H&M has never used an "American Designer" so far. Thom showing menswear in Paris/Milan helps him qualify in the H&M test.

But after Jimmy Choo and Comme Des Garcons, predicting who H&M collaborates with next is nearly impossible. I would be interested in a designer who enjoys menswear to offset these dialed in suits.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

2. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Distinguished Member

I suspect H&M will always give more weight to how they think the womenswear will turn out when they pick collabs

3. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

They are in very good taste and offer nothing interesting; the ultimate middlebrow choice. They don't have the heft of Mitteleuropean designs or the curves of french ones.

Whodini: you hang out with awfully formatted people, it sucks.

4. Lane

Lane Distinguished Member

ok, so...why do people bother PM'ing you about an item they are "interested" in but not willing to buy yet, cant they be silently contemplating this shizz? I'm fine if they at least ask questions like measurements or pics, but wtf is the point in telling someone you are interested if you have no intention of buying, fucking cockteases.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

lol. Needs to be 100 cotton, or the dye will take unevenly, especially for cheaper fleeces. Experiment. I've done a lot of DIY, and am not afraid of doing stuff to expensive shit. However, if you are doing this for the first time, go get some AA at wholesale, or just go down to your local target, and practice.

Cheers,

Fok.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

I will never understand the true Budapester roundtoe/quad sole mittleuropean shoes I think Fuuma refers to, and I have never really had a hard-on for the really French shoes like Berluti or Corthay - I realize they are rap money status but I think the lastings of English shoes are so much better and attractive on the foot at any angle. Crockett and Jones #348 is always inevitably made in very middling quality calfskin but frankly your eyes are 6 foot away from them, and so are everybody else's - it's no different than having a brand new pair of limited edition Jordans - nobody is gonna inspect the stitching from 10 foot out, but the overall look, for sure.

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

i dip dyed my si shadow project button up...well i had to.
    some dye ran from a black shirt and so i decided i would leave that black shirt and my SI shirt in a bucket together. at first i was worried id make it worse, but it was already unwearable. now its a unique purple-y - blue and no one can tell the diff ..success :slayer:

8. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Gant Rugger, but it depends on both the cut (e.g., Hugger, EZ fit) and the material (e.g., madras, poplin, country twill). Some have armholes so high that an M barely fits my scrawny frame, and some result in major flying squirrel arms.
    Thanks, I just threw up in my mouth a little. :plain:

9. crosswound

crosswound Distinguished Member

never going to the dry cleaners again to get denim altered.

10. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I'll assume she is, actually, in love with your brother? That would take most of the uncomfortable feelings away when i read this.

:inlove:

You can wear C&J 348.

Fat MCers wearing tweed cuffed pants should never wear 348 or any of the G&G lasts.

11. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Distinguished Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

I don't know if Fuuma was referencing Vass U-last, and I know he has a pair - I love that last too, but I don't think it really represents the mittleeuropean lasts that I've seen otherwise. The Budapesters I think of look like Doc Martens on crack cocaine with quad soles.

I guess there is a correlation between body weight and last shape, but the 348 is good for most slim guys - nice baseline shoe shape, and C+J in regular calf isn't G+G expensive.

13. KingJulien

KingJulien Distinguished Member

How come like 10 pairs of awesome sneakers pop up on Yoox in my size 2 days after I order a pair of CPs? [​IMG]

14. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I don't like U-last, I think Fuuma's pair is F-last. F-last is pretty close to perfection.

That's kinda the point of the budapesters IMO. e.g. Get Smart's:
    [​IMG]

Plenty of SZ style boots have that bulbous toe-box. It's ugly, but it has a place.

Also, there's obviously middle points between that - e.g. Alden longwings and Trickers etc.

C&J lasts are too sexy, to the point of vulgarity IMO. Although they work in the right context.

Carmina get the lasts right:

[​IMG]

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

anyone selling some size small silent polios pants in grey? hit me up :satisfied:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.