1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Distinguished Member

I think girls are sometimes intimidated by you dressing well also, cuz they think you might be snobby and pretentious.

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

i've only ever had experience with it being viewed as simultaneously 'weird' and 'competition,' so there's another vote for that (you're wearing a blazer? damnit, what am I supposed to wear?)

transient, i think you've sig'd my best post of all time on sf.

:foo:

Oh, also this. But it's pretty accurate, so i guess that's fair?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

3. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior Member

apparently i'm going to a cambridge university formal dinner next weekend, and i have no idea what to wear. i don't suppose there's a suiting 101 thread on sf anywhere?

4. reedobandito

reedobandito Distinguished Member

time to get yo trad on

5. Lane

even though it might be in a lot of instances, I think its dumb to assume. Its similar to assuming every well-dressed guy is gay.

6. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior Member

I don't think it's just women, dudes. IME, 99% of all people - male or female - think we're idiotic for talking and obsessing about this stuff so much.

BTW, shah posted a picture from a Givenchy runway show a few days ago; the model was wearing a large gold mask/jewelry type thing. I can't seem to find it again, though. Someone help please.

7. Lane

the subject was about womens perceptions, though. Also, that is what all who are part of niche hobbys go through. Most people outside of them think they are "idiots" because the time/money spent indulging in said hobby is said to be a worthless endeavor.

8. reedobandito

reedobandito Distinguished Member

Agreed. Except the advantage of having clothing as a hobby is that it transcends the personal sphere. We actually have something to show for it beyond our own home, which is nice

9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Oh, I thought we were talking about what happens when you discuss/care about clothing, not what random strangers think of you on the street.

10. Lane

i avoid talkin about clothes as much as possible nowadays...subject causes mayhem rather quickly regardless of gender.

11. jslade

jslade Distinguished Member

eBay customer support is seriously the worst ever. At the risk of sounding like a racist, I hate calling in and speaking to someone who's broken English I can barely make out. After opening a case, they promise to "get back to you in 72 hours" with a resolution of your case. It's been a month now, and still nothing has come of it. Every single time I call in they say the same thing to me: "We've escalated your case to a higher department, and they'll get back to you by the end of the day." My ass. Fuck eBay and fuck PayPal.

[​IMG]

12. Dellath

Dellath Senior Member

A left field quote, but my interest for professional wrestling gets the almost exact same reaction as my interest for clothes, male or female. So i think this quote is also applicable to clothes.

"To those who believe in the beauty of professional wrestling, nothing needs to be said. For those who don't appreciate wrestling, nothing could be said to change their minds."
    ~ Vince McMahon

13. sipang

sipang Distinguished Member

this ?

[​IMG]

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

cant believe ppl still ask how much stuff costs. tacky on their part

15. Desi

Desi Distinguished Member

*shrug* maybe they wonder if something is in their pricerange. If they are actually thinking about purchasing something

edit: honestly I just say "it didn't cost monopoly money." or tell them since I always buy things on final sale/sample sale prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.