Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sipang

sipang Senior member

shah likes that fit because there's a castle involved, which speaks to his seigneurial sensibilites

2. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Haha. Reminds me of how several years ago kunk posted some 100% Rick fits there and got scolded with comments like "Why are you here?" and "It looks like gym wear".

3. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

6 tries for me to match the 5 0: agreed that CdG and Jil were the easiest

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I think that really you have to prove that you've somehow communed with the clothing, like a wiccan. Maybe you Ouija'd with your jacket, and learned Deep Things about each other.

The castle is definitely the best part of that photo.

5. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I think they disliked his fits because he failed to look like the dark lord or even an apprentice in training.

btw, what is up with the avatars on this site? I just noticed anything that's not 100x100 pixels is being stretched into an incorrect aspect ratio. I had to fix mine.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

this is still good: [VIDEO][/VIDEO] made by a sufu member. :slayer:

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I know. I'm ashamed of my fat panda.

One time I tried to change my avatar and then eventually realized that Scott. M had an avatar from the same video and I took it as a sign.

8. Meis

Meis Senior member

So ridiculously true. The market is absolutely horrible right now. I graduated in may '10 and when they did the 9 months after graduation survey my class had the worst employment numbers of any class since they've been keeping employment numbers for law grads. I literally cannot think of anyone I know that has gotten a "good" job. Most people I know are working long hours for shit money w/ no benefits. Doing document review actually pays better than 95% of the jobs people I know have gotten. The only places hiring are the shady insurance defense firms and places like "debt stoppers", etc... and those places basically pay people 40k/ yr and no benefits for 6 long days a week. If there is a bonus its a small one that's performance based and you can't get it until you've worked there for something like 6 months (which is because they know they're going to cycle through people so fast that most won't last that long - most people leave within a year or less).
    Related - I laugh every time people make a reference to lawyers making big $$$... most lawyers don't make shit. It's a very small portion that are making $100k+, and anyone graduating these days has 100-150k+ in loan debt from law school

Don't do it.... seriously, unless you think that law is your one true calling in life and you'll be terribly unhappy doing anything else.

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

yeah...my sister is a lawyer and hates it.

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

Mies, the rockin jiggly sexy hotness in your avatar now looks like a fat cow. I want the old avatar aspect ratio back : / The change must have had something to do with speeding pageload, amiright? No other rational explanation.

11. DLester

DLester Senior member

what does she do?

12. _yoo

_yoo Senior member

it wouldn't speed up pageload because the image files themselves have not been rescaled (e.g. http://cdn.styleforum.net/8/80/100x100px-LS-8082cf4a_tight_jeans1.gif = still the same size)

maybe someone had been abusing the old system by uploading say 100*3000 sized avatars..

13. _yoo

_yoo Senior member

i'm enjoying the like the boys series on gq. one thing that jump out for me is how most of the hot chicks interviewed seem to prefer men to dress simple and clean and not look like he spends a lot of time on clothes. which reminds me of the countless times i've read on this forum about some poster's girlfriend not being happy with his fashion-obsessions. which in turn makes me wonder
    (i) is this true of most (hot) chicks and if so would it refute the popular theory that peacocking increases chance of dating successs
    (ii) if true what's the evolutionary explanation for it?
    (iii) does SZ aesthetic count as 'simple and clean' for chicks? what about just a pair of guidi/ccp derbies? what about the Belgians? what about a toj leather, pair of mmm hightops, junya fairisle blazer, or even a sns cardi? are there any SF-hyped items that would significantly *decrease* chance of dating success / was intensely disliked by your gf / female friends?
    (iv) are you influenced by this kind of considerations when building your wardrobe?

just a couple random fashion thoughts
    that 3rd chick is really hot btw :p

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

14. bryanayrb

bryanayrb Senior member

buy what you like, wear what you want to. why handicap your own sense of style for some bz?

15. _yoo

_yoo Senior member

hmm does this imply that style is purely subjective because there would similarly be no reason (perhaps even less reason) to handicap one's style for some random internet dude's opinion? so no fit is criticizable?
    you should recognize my avatar btw :lol:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.